Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade Problems

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I am trying to upgrade an existing Flex 4.1 project to 4.6.  So I open up 4.6 and I do an "import".  It seems to work, but I get an error:  "Target runtime Apache Tomcat v6.0 is not defined".

Additionally, I go to "open perspective" and look for the "Servers" tab (which has always been therin 4.0 and 4.1) and there is no "Servers" tab.  Typically I start Tomcat from the "Servers" tab.  So I am assuming these two issues are related....

Can anyone shed any light on this, and what I have to do in 4.6 to use Tomcat to access my server side data?  I can't be the only one who has had this happen.

Thanks very much in advance,

Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Dennis,

You are not doing anything wrong.  The problem is that you are most likely using the bundled copy of Eclipse that ships with FB 4.6, and that verson does not have the WTP (Web Tools Platform) stuff in it.  Adobe apparently packaged FB 4.6 under the assumption that someone else in your organization would be doing the server-side stuff and you will only be doing the client-side work.

In any event, you need to go to the Eclipse web site and download the version of Eclipse that is appropriate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dennis,

You are not doing anything wrong.  The problem is that you are most likely using the bundled copy of Eclipse that ships with FB 4.6, and that verson does not have the WTP (Web Tools Platform) stuff in it.  Adobe apparently packaged FB 4.6 under the assumption that someone else in your organization would be doing the server-side stuff and you will only be doing the client-side work.

In any event, you need to go to the Eclipse web site and download the version of Eclipse that is appropriate for your server work.  Install it, and then go here for the instructions on how to install FB 4.6 as a plugin:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/921/cpsid_92180.html

This should solve your problem.

Good luck!

--Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for this help.  I did what you said.  I got the new 3.7 Eclipse for J2EE and this solved my problem.  I never would of thought of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines