• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommened VIDEO CARD for Adobe Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What VIDEO CARD do you guys recommened for Adobe Premiere Pro, I'm having some problems and I believe it's the Video Card...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nVidia GTX 560+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were to buy a card right now, this would be at the top of my list.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130662

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2011 Nov 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lookin at the nVidia GTX 560+, I see 2 monitor DVI output and an HDMI. Does this mean 3 monitors can be setup on this one card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2011 Nov 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GeForce cards are limited to two monitors per card, unfortunately. This limitation is in hardware.

That said, if you plug something into all three ports, you might not get any image at all from any of the three ports unless you disconnect at least one of the monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an approved list on the Adobe website, but many people buy a different nvidia card, and then do a hack on the system.

Look more through this forum, you will find a website that will help you choose.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you have now?  Rarely is the video card the problem.  I personally am going to wait for the next generation GTX 6xx series to be introduced within the next 1-3 months before I spend any more money on GPU's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an Nvidia GTX 570 as my primary card.

I just added an Nvidia GT210, which I hope to be able to output to a 3rd monitor.Not sure that will work.

The 570 is the sweet spot. Very powerful, and can be had in the $325 range if not less. Remember, a series 6 card may not be compatible with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fnished my install today, and I can tell you my combinations of cards are just what the doctor ordered. I have MPE using the GTX570, and I have a 3rd monitor on the GT210.

Looks just fine to me.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darren Kelly wrote:

I'm using an Nvidia GTX 570 as my primary card.

I just added an Nvidia GT210, which I hope to be able to output to a 3rd monitor.Not sure that will work.

The 570 is the sweet spot. Very powerful, and can be had in the $325 range if not less. Remember, a series 6 card may not be compatible with Adobe.

Hi Darren,

Where can i get the 570 in the $325 range?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for  the tip Bill.

Is there any difference between these two 570s? The one you linked to and this one here? They're both the smae specs, as it seems, but one has 53 reviews and a 4 star rating while the other has a 5 star rating and 230 reviews?

I noticed the one you linked to says "Overclocked" while the latter is not.  I'm intriqued by the differences in ratings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks to me that Bill has a better deal than I. If you are Canadian, I bought mine at Canada Computes.

Good answer Bill!

DBK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm - are you currently using the 560? Assuming so, would you please provide more information since that card hasn't made the approved Adobe list...yet?  Please describe your card. Is it a nVidia reference card vs. EVGA, XFX, etc. OCed?  1GB, 2GB?  Are you running it in SLI with a 2nd 560? If not in SLI with the 560, do you have any experience with previous SLI configurations? The reason I ask is some versions don’t seem to work as expected as the configuration changes. Did you have to “hack” it as Darren Kelly suggested getting it to run?  Have you had any problems with the Mercury playback?  Thank you, in advance, for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Benchmark Results you can see that I have a single Point-of-View brand nVidia GTX 480 video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are selecting a video card - more precisely an unapproved Nvidia card - the manufacturer of the card doesn't seem to matter - you have to do the Hack. All the hack does is change a few lines of text in one file to add your non approved card to the list.

The card still must meet certain requirements. It must be a CUDA capable card. It must have more tha 1GB of DDR5 RAM on it. You should run the latest graphics drivers from Nvidia, etc. If you decide to save a little money, and buy the 560 over the 570, you have to remember that Adobe will not supply tech support if you call in.

Hope this helps

DBK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the Nvidia card must have 896MB or more RAM. Preferably 1GB or more.

As for Adobe not supplying technical support when the OP calls in regarding a non-Adobe-certified GPU, they will not supply such support other than the canned response "With that card Premiere Pro should be run only in MPE software-only mode".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you need a card with 896MB available for the CUDA processing. In order to achieve that, you have to buy a 1GB card. The balance of the 1GB is used for the general GUI.

If I had the money, I would have purchased a card with 2 or more, as I think it would help with the bottleneck that is associated with using larger PSD files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harm - to clarify your recommendation, you are saying select a nVidia video card above 560, as in either the GTX 570/580? Or any nVidia card above 560?

Darren - your information on the cuda, 1GB, etc. is why I visit the forums.  Rhetorical question, why doesn't Adobe put that requirement in their requirements rather thana card list?  Their list most likely, will always lag behind the video card introduction. Especially when you consider that the 570/580 were released almos a year ago.  Note: as far as the 560 vs. 570, its not about price, in every review I have seen the 560 is 25-30% faster, meaning that the 570 isn't taking advantage of its 30% more transistors.  What is the file name I need to modify? and which line of "code"?

Thank you for the feedback hope it helps ALMedcalf6 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5.htm

This is the link to the article and Hack program you can use.

As to why Adobe doesn't just say X number of cores..... They have posted in many parts of these forums that they test the video cards they recommend, and can't make a blanket recommendation based on a cards stats. You might email Adobe's employees who monitor this forum, and others. I just know when I was making the selection about 3 months ago, they were sticking with their list of cards. As the article points out, this company has tested many more cards and can attest to them working. Weather the 560 does out perform the 570 or not, I don't know. I just bought the 570 as it seemed like the best bang for the buck that was on the list that I could source. It gave me the ability to call Adobe for Technical support, which I wanted as I was switching from Mac platforms, which I was more comfortable with to a PC edit system.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2011 Nov 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not really clear on how the memory of the GPU comes into play (1GB vs 2GB).  Would it be better to get a 2GB GTX 550 Ti or a 1GB GTX 560 Ti?  Or would a 1GB GTX 550 Ti achieve similar results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally, you want the 560 with 2GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If money were no object. I get an EVGA Nvidia GTX 580 with 3GB of on board RAM.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130655. It's about $580.00

http://www.vuugo.com/en/Nvidia/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-560-Ti-NVIDIA-2GB-256-bit-DDR5-PCI-E-20-16x-Video-Ca...

This is the 560 with 2GB or RAM, it's about $260.00

What do you get for the additional $300? You get the fastest single processor video cardd with lots of memory. You also get compatibility with Adobe's list of approved cards.

I keep wondering with all the people using the hacks, what happens if Adobe closes that door. I understand after upgrading from 5.5 to 5.5.1 and then to 5.5.2, you have to reapply the hack, but what happens if they literally closed the door. People will have a lot of video cards that will not use the MPE.

It's just a thought, I don't know anything, so just take it as a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep wondering with all the people using the hacks, what happens if Adobe closes that door. I understand after upgrading from 5.5 to 5.5.1 and then to 5.5.2, you have to reapply the hack, but what happens if they literally closed the door. People will have a lot of video cards that will not use the MPE.

That includes newer cards. If Adobe were to have closed that door, the list of supported GPUs would have been restricted to very expensive and older-model Quadros. Anybody with cheaper-than-$1,000 cards and/or newer-than-last-gen GPUs would have been permanently locked to the MPE software-only mode.

The only way to keep a lot of users satisfied and at the same time eliminate the hackers would be for the next CS (CS6) to fully support OpenCL in its MPE GPU accelerated mode. This would allow most if not all Nvidia and ATi/AMD GPUs to use MPE GPU mode. However, such added support comes at a cost of even more software bloat and possibly higher prices for the CS6 suite. Plus, Adobe has announced that it is abandoning the three-version upgrade policy in favor of a one-version upgrade. This means that anybody trying to upgrade CS4 or earlier to CS6 must either upgrade to CS5 or CS5.5 first and then to CS6 in order to get the upgrade price (as the upgrade pricing for CS6 will be restricted to registered users of CS5 or CS5.5). Users trying to upgrade directly from CS4 or earlier to CS6 will be charged the full, non-upgrade price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines