• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I recorded a session and made it available offline. Connect created an FLV file...

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but the file won't play in IE. Is Connect doing anything to the file that would prevent it from opening in a browser window?

Brian

TOPICS
Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

There is not any way that I am aware of to change the durration of that link's life. I don't recall where I got the 60 days number either, as I can't find any documentation on how long the link is good for.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FLV file needs a player to display it. Your web browser is not technically a media player. Try downloading and using the VLC media player, or just put the URL for the recording in IE and it should play fine from the Connect Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have now made the recoding private and have provided the url to some participants. But they can't view the file as they must login but they don't have login identities... must I create a login for every person who wants to see this recording?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, if the recording is not public, then you must have a Username and Password to access it. As an alternative, you could move the recording to the Content library, and there is a feature where you can send an email to the people you intend to view the recording. They will get unique tracking URLS for viewing the content object. The advantage is that you don't require them to have UN/PW to access the object. Down side is the links are active for 60 days (I think, may be longer) and the only way to shut them down is to remove the content.

Or you could look at using the events module to allow viewers to register themselves to have an account to view your recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma, you are MOST helpful! Is it possible to have the unique tracking URL active for extended periods of time, say a year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not any way that I am aware of to change the durration of that link's life. I don't recall where I got the 60 days number either, as I can't find any documentation on how long the link is good for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very odd software... so I move the file to the content library. Then I have to give guest access? The entire point is that I don't want to set up dozens of one time users...

And, pardon my ignorance, but I have looked at every darn button/link on the page - there is to my eyes no option for emailing the link.

Connect is getting a bit frustrating to be honest...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The option you are looking for is the E-mail Link option when looking at the content in the Content Library.

http://realeyesconnect.adobeconnect.com/p62e2ee5xip/output/Email+content.jpg?download=Email+content.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines