• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Open epub in ADE but don't get downloading or authorizing messages.

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've read the discussion thread on not being able to open epubs in ADE but am still a little confused, actually a lot confused.  When I first downloaded ADE to my computers, I had no problem, now however the following problems are occuring:

The epub will open in ADE, but I don't get the quick window that says downloading or authorizing.  The book is not saved in ADE.  I've removed and re-downloaded ADE several times but nothing seems to help.  I know it's something simple that I'm not doing.   Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Think I've solved the problem. I downloaded the epub in Internet Explorer as opposed to Mozilla Firefox.  This allowed me to save the epub to ADE folder.  I then opened ADE, clicked on Library, Add Item to Library, which opened the ADE folder, selected book and viola.  And while I still don't know or understand why the change.  I can download my books and am happy.   Something I didn't mention in the orginal post is that when I'm downloading books from my Public Library, I do get the downloading and authorizing messages.  Oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines