6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2012 5:49 AM by wordservant RSS

How do I view .PDF files in Bridge?

wordservant

When I returned to Default Settings for Bridge CS3, it doesn't recognize or view all of my recently created .PDF files (some of which were created in Photoshop CS, not with Acrobat.)  Bridge is wonderful when it views and displays the .PDF files as graphics, because Windows Explorer won't display .PDF files as images.  Bridge helps keep everything organized.   Do you know how to restore settings so Bridge to consistently recognizes .PDF files?

• 1. Re: How do I view .PDF files in Bridge?
          Curt Y Community Member

"When I returned to Default Settings for Bridge CS3", does this mean you reset the preferences by holding down the Crtl key?

I would first try resetting cache with Tools/cache/reset cache for xxx folder if you have cache exported to folders.

• 2. Re: How do I view .PDF files in Bridge?
            wordservant Community Member

Thank you again, Curt; your answer was right on.  (Yes, I had re-set to defaults using the Control Key.  By the way, I feel a bit of an idiot because when I tried to find out how to Reply online to you, and to score your Answer(s), I couldn't figure out how to do it.  Sigh.  I would like to properly credit you for your prompt and on-point answers. 

wordservant

• 3. Re: How do I view .PDF files in Bridge?
              Curt Y Community Member

Did my advice fix your problem?

Also, I would be interested why you could not find a way to respond.  No you are not an idiot, but have had several users respond to me my private e-mail.

So are you using e-mail rather that responding directly to the forum?  What dissappeared?

Since you are able to respond what changed?

If there is a problem with the servers with a little more info perhaps those smarter than I can get to the bottom of this problem.

• 4. Re: How do I view .PDF files in Bridge?

Curt, I have spent (or wasted) ten minutes or so more than once looking for the active Reply button or link, as well as the active buttons or links to Score your Answer or register it as a Like.  I see what look like scoring buttons, but they don't activate.  I don't see Reply anywhere.  I simply don't see anything intuitive on the screen on my laptop, running Windows 7.  I wonder if using a particular Web Browser, such as Internet Explorer 9 or Opera 11, would be better for Replying in an Adobe Discussion?  Anyway, that's why I'm stuck using email, which isn't as effective or advantageous.  I wonder if anyone else has had this problem in Replying, and what solutions they may have found?

wordservant

• 5. Re: How do I view .PDF files in Bridge?
                  Curt Y Community Member

I don't even know how to use the e-mail route, and would not use it if I could.  Too much junk there as it is.

So I really can not relate to what you are describing. 

Here is a screen shot of what the forum would look like for someone that posts a question.  If one is not the author there will be no boxes "correct answer" or "helpful answer".Capture.JPG

• 6. Re: How do I view .PDF files in Bridge?

Actually, the problems were only in the Web Browsers, not in the email, which for some reason was okay (not great, but okay).  I should have been able to Reply or Score or Like in the Web Browsers, too.  Oh, well.

wordservant

Curt, I have spent (or wasted) ten minutes or so more than once looking for the active Reply button or link, as well as the active buttons or links to Score your Answer or register it as a Like.  I see what look like scoring buttons, but they don't activate.  I don't see Reply anywhere.  I simply don't see anything intuitive on the screen on my laptop, running Windows 7.  I wonder if using a particular Web Browser, such as Internet Explorer 9 or Opera 11, would be better for Replying in an Adobe Discussion?  Anyway, that's why I'm stuck using email, which isn't as effective or advantageous.  I wonder if anyone else has had this problem in Replying, and what solutions they may have found?

wordservant