Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two Adobe accounts problem

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2012 Jan 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope you can help my with this frustrating problem. I have a Sony Reader prs-350, and have the Sony Reader software installed on my Mac. Recently Until recently I had been buying ebooks and downloading them on to an old computer using the Reader software without a problem. A couple of months ago I bought a new computer, and installed Reader on it. when I bought a new ebook a few days ago, the software prompted me to sign in to Adobe with my ID. Being a DRM novice, and having forgotten I already had an Adobe account registered to a different e-mail address, I signed up for a new Adobe account, and dowloaded the ebook to my reader. Unfortunately, this meant that all my previous ebooks were no longer accessible, as they were downloaded using a different Adobe account. I deauthorised the new Adobe account from my computer and e-reader, and re-authorised it again with my old account, but this now means I can't access the new book I bought. I contacted Adobe support and asked them to invalidate my new Adobe account, leaving me with just the old one, which has turned out to be a mistake, as I still can't access the book I bought recently with the now invalid Adobe ID. All in all, a sorry state of affairs!

Could you advise me as to whether there's any chance of me being able to transfer my recently purchased ebook to my original Adobe account, so I can access all of my purchased ebooks at the same time, or will this not be possible?

Thanks very much for your help,

Allan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 29, 2012 Jan 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope, it's not possible.  Your best bet is to ask whoever you purchased the books from if you can re-download the books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines