Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error message "no permission to copy document here"

Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Digital Editions when I drag a book to my Color Nook I get the error message "no permission to copy document here."  It seemed to start after Nook got a software update.  I have spent 7 hours on the phone with Nook, Adobe, my local library and no one has a solution.  I need HELP.  I was reading a library book and 30 minutes later couldn't open it and cannot get a new book to copy to my Nook.  I'm totally frustrated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, though did not notice that it coincided with the update.  I did unplug my nook from the computer (accidentally) without doing an "eject", so had thought my problems could be stemming from that.  I just wish I could get it fixed so that I can download books from our library again.  Is ticking me off too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an appointment with my local library Wednesday (Feb 1) to do some hands-on troubleshooting. Forget about B&N helping as my local store employees said they weren’t allowed to touch my laptop (which in this litigious society I can understand). I must admit that their “800” number did try. I know the error message coincided with a software update as my Color Nook had some screen and pull-down menu features that had changed in the + or - 30 minutes I left it idle. I was reading a library book, took a break, came back, and all of a sudden I couldn’t not only not read it – could not even reload it on my Nook. I am totally torqued that Adobe could not be more helpful as it is “free software.” My theory is that there is a software disconnect between Adobe Digital Editions and Nook version l.4.1 which in a perfect world shouldn’t be, as the Nook Color is also powered with Adobe software…oh well…too many fingers in too many pies. After the problem is solved I hope I am proven wrong and it is something so simple…although we may never know. I just want it fixed so I can enjoy library books again. The more people that respond to this can only help to focus attention on the problem. Will attempt to keep everyone posted on my progress. Thanks for the reponse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nook update most likely messed up the activation on your nook.

With the Nook connected and showing in ADE hit Ctrl-Shift-E (Cmd-Shift-E on the Mac).  This should bring up the deactivate device dialog - use it to deactivate your Nook.

Quit ADE, and relaunch ADE (with your Nook still attached), and you should get a device activation dialog, Activate your Nook and then try to copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2012 Jan 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have performed that function many, many times with no results. Ctrl-Shift-E does not bring up an activation dialog box. To further compound the problem I have a “document is licensed for a different user account” message. The forum is full of frustrated people with that error message with no solutions that I can see. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE several times, deleted files, everything the forum suggests….nothing seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"To further compound the problem I have a “document is licensed for a different user account” message."

Where are you getting this error? Can you read the book in ADE?  (If you can't read it on your computer, you will not be able to read it on your Nook).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can read the book on my laptop…it opens perfectly well in ADE on the computer. I get the “document is licensed for a different user account” intermittently when I mouse over a book in ADE. I get the “no permission to copy here” when I drag and drop the book on the Nook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this post by Mr Lester, like elizabeth I was TOTALLY Frustrated!  I had spent a couple of hours a night over two weeks trying to crack the code on this issue,  many times talking to help Desks at Adobe, Barns and Noble, and the library to no avail (my out of date XP SP2 desktop did not help).   I will pass this procedure on to our library because they are totally lost in helping for this type of issue, Thanks to Mr Lester for helping us get our reading time back!  Lou in Ohio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My librarian was also following this discussion and, thanks to Mr. Lester, can now help others with this issue. I am thoroughly enjoying my library books again.

I think a key is when you are initially authorizing your e-reader device to NOT check the box asking to not ask about this device again. If that box is NOT checked then control-shift-E works to deauthorize and authorize a device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although I see the comments here are old most 2012, I had the same issue, no permission to copy. I had to reformat my hard drive and installed ADE that's when I started getting the message. I tried using the control panel to uninstall  the ADE program. I was still getting the same message, however when I went to the ADE then to the uninstall tab there, installed again it fixed the issue. I hope this easy enough to understand. Let me know if anyone has this problem and if this works for you.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines