• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project manager in Robohelp 9

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a maximum number of folders I can create under the Project Manager.  I have added numerous files but the program seems to trucate the last ones and I can find them to add topics to.  Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As far as I know there is no limit to the number of folders you may have. Can you perhaps upload a screen capture of what you are seeing?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2012 Jan 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several folders that I have created but are not viewable.  I am trying to organize my topics so users can find the topic that needs to be updated.  Is there another way to open up the folders you can not see?

robo.bmp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are pointing at is how you organise the folders for your use, not necessarily the same as how you organise the TOC which is how your users see them.

Are you saying here that in Windows Explorer there are other folders not showing here? If so, how did you create them? If in Windows Explorer, that will be why they are missing, you have to create the folders in RoboHelp.

Otherwise please clarify the problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created them by clicking new folder under Project Manager.  I would click create a new folder and type in the name of the folder and press enter.  After a while I noticed that the folders were not in the list. I went to windows explorer and there they were but I have no way to access them to put topics in them.  Any Ideas.  I have 80 folders for this project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First the View menu has an option View Empty Folders. Ordinarily I would say check that is ticked but you image is showing empty folders (No + sign alongside)

When you clicked New Folder was Project Files highlighted? If not could they be under some other folder? The structure in Windows Explorer will show where they are.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I redid all the folders and even though they were under the correct project in explorer, they are now show up under Project Manager.  Thanks for  your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Thanks for the image. The first thing I notice here is no plus symbol next to many folder names. This tells me that there is no content actually inside these folders. And THAT observation leads me to ask this question.

If you click the View menu, is the option "Empty Folders" enabled?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, Peter lured me away in mid reply with a phone call and popped in before I finished my reply!

Cheers all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp