• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Create PDF for Review command

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a PDF using Review > Create PDF for Review, RoboHelp produces a PDF with what seems to be "stub" text, similar to Greeked text.CreatPDFforReview.gif

We have RoboHelp 9.0.2, Windows 7, 64 bit, and Tortoise CVS 1.10.9 for source control. At first I suspected CVS was the problem, so I copied the project to a new, non-source controlled local drive. (CVS is installed locally). Same result.

I opened one of the sample projects and created the PDF with no problems. So I tried creating a new blank project using one of the template projects, Application Help. I got the same greeked text again.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Jan Shelton

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2012 Jan 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem I have seen reported.

If you want to send me the new project to test, I will see what I get.

See the Contact page on my site and use one of the sites suggested there or your own preferred service. Include a link to this thread in the covering note they will send.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine here. What version of Acrobat are you using?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just installed Technical Communication Suite 3.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can rule out:

• The wrong version or PDF creator - You have the suite
  • Your project - That works fine here.
  • Your installation of TCS as it works with the supplied samples.

Is this demo project on your local drive and are you creating the PDF Review in a local folder?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter. As I should have before I posted, I had my manager try it - she got the same results you did. So something is awry with my installation of Acrobat I should think. It works fine with the supplied examples because my version of Acrobat did not generate them.

Can my IT department install only Acrobat or do they have to reinstall the entire suite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the setup of TCS allows you to install and uninstall separate components but not do a repair. So they could try uninstalling just Acrobat and then reinstalling.

If that fails then you could suggest to IT that they try uninstalling the whole suite using RevoUninstaller. It removes more of the registry entries that programs leave behind and it has given good results. There call and responsibility though!

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for your expertise. I will post the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp