Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader 10.1.2 crashes when printing, worked OK w/ 10.1.1

Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Windows 7 (32-bit?  Build 6.1.7601) machine with all updates installed, Adobe Reader crashes on print with version 10.1.2.  This problem did not occur with version 10.1.1.  I'm including a screenshot here, but to help those searching: APPCRASH AcroRd32.exe, Exception code: c0000005.

Note that this post seems to be describing the same problem, but has fewer dtails: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4135936#4135936

image001.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. More detail

1) Seems only happen with network printers using the standard Windows 7 network port

2) Seen on different PCs (one Win7 Pro SP1 64 bit, one Win Pro 32 bit)

3) Two different printers (one HP one Ricoh)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Thanks for reporting the problem with Reader 10.1.2.

Please let us know the make/model no. of the printer at your end. Is the issue occuring on a PS driver or PCL driver or both?

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, except it happens as soon as I push the print button. Never get to select a printer. I upgraded from 10.1.1 to 10.1.2, then immedietly started crashing on print. As soon as I print, the application ends. I uninstalled, downloaded a new install and still does the same thing. I am running Windows XP, SP3.

The message from event viewer is:

Description:

Faulting application acrord32.exe, version 10.1.2.45, faulting module acrord32.exe, version 10.1.2.45, fault address 0x0005e985.

And:

Description:

Fault bucket -1516391063.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Peter,

Could you please send me an emal at atulagar@adobe.com and I would like to meet you online through a connect session to rectify the issue for you.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear users,

We have identified the problem at our end. While we work on the problem to arrive at a fix, we would suggest you to please try out the following workaround for now in order to print successfully from your machines.

1) Open Adobe Reader.

2) Go to Edit-->Preferences.

3) Select General pane under categories.

4) Uncheck the 'Enable protected mode' at the startup option and press OK.

5) Close reader application.

6) relaunch reader and you should be good to print.

Although, operating Reader in non-protected mode is not a permanent solution. However, we are working to provide a permanent solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul,

I updated several machines to 10.1.2 yesterday and im having the same crash when printing. How can I uncheck the "enable protected mode" through the registry so it gets to be setup for all users?   what is the ETA for the permanent solution?

thank you.

Iskra JAcobo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i found it. Looking forward to the permanent solution.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Productname(version)\FeatureLockdown\

set bProtectedMode dword as 0

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

There is another clean workaround available for this problem without having to turn off the Protected Mode of the Reader.

You may go to Network Printers installed on your machine and access their Printer Properties. Open the Sharing Tab and give it any Share Name. Incase, you dont want to share your printer then also you can give it a Sharing Name and then check the Do no share setting.

If you do not have the access rights to give it a Share Name then you can ask your Network Administrator to provide a name for the printer. Please refer the screenshot below.

shared setting.JPG

Meanwhile, we are working towards providing a permanent fix for this issue.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am currently holding off pushing out the msp for 10.1.2 as I do not want to disable protected mode, or start changing printer settings. I just wondered how far off we are from seeing a fix for this issue?

Should we expect a "fix" or will the msp for 10.1.3 be released?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is there something new on this issue?

We also stopped the rollout of 10.1.2 because of this.

Regards - Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the lack of response from Adobe on this post, I started looking into the matter again and came across this http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/928/cpsid_92870.html

Seems to work fine for us and we have started rolling out the 10.1.2 patch in conjunction with the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You very much!

The fix solved the problem for us also 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  (I had the exact same problem and it was driving me frickin' nuts!)

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/928/cpsid_92870.html

just a simple patch, and away we go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows server 2003 R2 64-bit SP2

Adobe 10.1.1 or Adobe10.1.2

None of the workarounds work for us.

I have reinstalled Adobe Reader multiple time and applied the 92870 patch, tried all the work abounds with absolutely no effect.

I can’t even get into the preferences to disable protected mode and Adobe crashes as soon as you press the print button. I have tried various local printers as default or network printers as default with no effect, tried assigning share names to all printers and disconnecting all printers with no effect.

This is a very aggravating issues effecting 12,000+ users in my organization.

Please develop a fix sooner than later, one that actually works and one that doesn’t not require 12,000+ clients to make a local change.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled protected mode through the registry and it worked for all the users that logon to our Terminal Server. Just add a DWord value and name it bProtectedMode, set it to 0 . The patch worked fine for me.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\(product name)\(version)\FeatureLockdown\bProtectedMode

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry forgot to mention that we have applied the change to the registry that also has absolutley no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new hotfix for this issue: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/928/cpsid_92870.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No this is NOT a new hotfix.

This is the same hotfix zebadeediddly on 01.02.2012 wrote about !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines