Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

IMAP connection error

Level 7

Hi,

I am not able to configure email endpoint with SMTP and IMAP server. When i deploy the process, it shows me error that "could not connect". What could be the reason.

Using send email activit, i am able to configure SMTP for sending emails. But not able to configure and deploy email endpoint.

Please provide help

-

Sunil Gupta

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Thanks Nith

for providing consitent help on this forum..

I was able to configure the email exchange server. Earlier the problem was with the firewall. We had more than one firewall layers and one of the firewall out of three was blocking it. so infrastructure team helped us to resolve the issue..

thanks

Regards

Sunil Gupta

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Find out the protocol and port used to receive emails from your email server.

Default values are given below (for MS Exchange Server):

SMTP - 25 (Only for Sending Emails)

POP3 - 110

IMAP - 143

POP3s - 995 (SSL)

IMAPs - 993 (SSL)

---------------------

You can verify connectivity by using TELNET command from a command prompt

syntax:   telnet email_server_host PORT

e.g.  telnet myserver.exchange.com 110

If you succeed with the above command, you can use the same values to configure email endpoint.

Nith

Correct answer by
Level 7

Thanks Nith

for providing consitent help on this forum..

I was able to configure the email exchange server. Earlier the problem was with the firewall. We had more than one firewall layers and one of the firewall out of three was blocking it. so infrastructure team helped us to resolve the issue..

thanks

Regards

Sunil Gupta