• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording keystrokes in Excel

Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been trying to record a tutorial video with version 5.5 in Excel, but the application isn't recognizing my keystrokes, which need to be shown.I have done this with success many times while recording Word, what am I doing wrong in Excel?

Thanks in advance,

Jen

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain more?  Wonder what you mean by " ...do not recognize..." ?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually, when I type something during the capture process, Captivate records every key I press on the keyboard, and it shows on the slide as letters/numers being typed one by one.

Right now, no typing is shown, it just jumps from what I have typed at the start to what I have typed after the enter key or a mouse button is pressed.

IE I click in a cell to begin a formula.  I enter a =aver to get a list of functions, but it jumps to =average( instead of showing each letter I've typed.

In this video, it is iomportant for the viewer to see the letters show up as I type them because I want to draw attention to the fact that to begin a formula, the = symbol must be entered first.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources