Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's next for Presenter?

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Now that Adobe seem to be stopping development of FLASH and concentrating on HTML5 what happens next?

I see there is a FLASH to HTML5 converter, however it is not ideal and is not completely compatible. Will Captivate/Presenter/FLASH now become obsolete or are their plans to directly publish HTML5 content using Captivate and Presenter?

Is there any point continuing to create content in these packages when FLASH looks like its on its last legs?

I understand I may not be understanding the situation completely and I am looking for reassurances!!!

Regards,

David.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Adobe has NOT stopped development for Flash. What has been dropped is Flash for mobile devices, with, instead, a focus on AIR applications for mobile devices, and HTML5 delivery for mobile devices.

Captivate and Presenter will not become obsolete. But, there are some great resources on converting Captivate 5.5 projects to HTML5 for better mobile delivery. http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2011/09/html5-converter-for-adobe-captivate-5-5-is-here.html

Chances are that future releases of these two pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has NOT stopped development for Flash. What has been dropped is Flash for mobile devices, with, instead, a focus on AIR applications for mobile devices, and HTML5 delivery for mobile devices.

Captivate and Presenter will not become obsolete. But, there are some great resources on converting Captivate 5.5 projects to HTML5 for better mobile delivery. http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2011/09/html5-converter-for-adobe-captivate-5-5-is-here.html

Chances are that future releases of these two products will have more options for publishing in a mobile friendly way, but we will only know for sure when it happens.

Read the actual press release, it is about being more involved in HTML5, but continuing to grow Flash for PC browsing. http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2011/11/flash-focus.html

This is probably the most succinct quote from the post:

"Our future work with Flash on mobile devices will be focused on enabling Flash developers to package native apps with Adobe AIR for all the major app stores.  We will no longer continue to develop Flash Player in the browser to work with new mobile device configurations (chipset, browser, OS version, etc.) following the upcoming release of Flash Player 11.1 for Android and BlackBerry PlayBook.  We will of course continue to provide critical bug fixes and security updates for existing device configurations.  We will also allow our source code licensees to continue working on and release their own implementations."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the helpful reply, I shouldnt have jumped to conclusions.

Regards,

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources