• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Acrobat_com: What it is used for?Mandatory update gives error code 16820;how to resolve?

Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought a Asus Eee PC 1215N, a netbook computer.on which MS Windows 7 Home Premiun Edition 64 bits is installed.

Under the Windows start button - All programs I found the application "Acrobat_com".

I started up Acrobat_com and I got a message that a mandatory update available is.

I clicked on the button "Download now" and then I got a window "Updating Acobat_com" on which the message: "Download failed. there was an error downloading the update. Error# 16820"

Clicking the button "Close" gave a new window om which was dispayed: "An error  occurred while installing the mandatory update. The application will now quit".

Clicking the button "Close" indeed did the application quit.

Repating the above described operations gave always the same results.

So I have called the Adobe technical support desk in the Netherlands but they could not help me, because they don't know anything about an application "Acrobat_com" from Adobe.

I hope this forum can answer my questions about "Acrobat_com":

1. Application Acrobat_com: What it is used for?/What is its purpose?
  2. The mandatory update gives error code 16820 during the update process. Which problem is described under error code 16820?
  3. How can I resolve tjhe issue described by error code 16820?

I hope somebody can answers my questions.

Thanks in advance

Theo A&K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat.com is a wrapper for Adobe Connect/ CS Live. If you don't use it, there's no need to update it. That may only be required for specific features associated with it, but since I'm not using it, either, I can't tell you which that may be. The error itself may be some reference to the Flash stuff used in the applet. In any case, this issue would probably resolve if you made use of your account and the required plug-ins/ applets would update then...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer, Mylenium.

I understand that Acrobat_com supports another program on my netbook, that I haven't used untill now.

Acrobat_com will update itself when I use that other program.

I think Acrobat_com is one of the programs, which is installed on the hard disk with a lot of other programs by Asus.

I will check my assumption by contacting Asus technical support.

Theo A&K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines