• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating A Page in Acrobat

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one duplicate any page in a multipage Acrobat document? [My version, Adobe Acrobat X Pro]

1. I can Save PDF to new filename, delete all pages but the one I require, and then do a Windows Desktop "Combine supported files in Acrobat ...". There is a lot of cleanup associated with that action. As well this method fills the Link Properties Actions Edit 'Use Named Destination' Browse popup with "Combined-Advanced.indd..." instead of page numbers, so navigation edits are impossible. Also, whatever zoom-level the reader selects, say hello to an enforced change when reading any link I create. On Prepare for anything, appearance gets even messier, so we wonder is Adobe indicating, please find another way?

How do we get rid of that SCAREY "Combined-Advanced.indd.15621..."? Where are my Link Edit page numbers?
  2. I can hold a finger on CTRL and drag Page Thumbnails. That messes up navigation, where a few saves later my Bookmarks view shows everything where it was placed, but Acrobat's Page Thumbnails revert to just the originals, deleting my dragged copies from the document stream and retaining just virtual copies for each page in Bookmarks view. Another Combine activity and those Bookmark virtual items vanish too!

Acrobat is giving at best, one document appearance using Bookmark navigation, and another full-of-holes appearance reading by scrolling!

Can anyone explain how to safely duplicate pages in Acrobat? Never mind excuses about file size, as file size is completely irrelevant. We don't want to fill our document with "Combine-Advanced.indd..." page numbers: we prefer to enable professional looking reader-selected consistent zoom-levels). We don't want to distribute cheese cloth documents. There must be an Acrobat File command somewhere that says "Duplicate Page", creating a clean, uncomplicated, properly numbered and formatted duplicate of the original page.

This page duplication functionality conflicts in no way, shape or form with DocBook.org and the general semantic of document management. In fact, this functionality is a critical component for document assembly. Our purpose in duplicating is to preserve corporate backgrounds, text titles while providing a template to add (and paginate) additional pages when and where required. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Have you tried extracting the page (Tools > Pages > Extract) and then inserting it (Tools > Pages > Insert from File)?

It would also be possible to do with a script that makes the page a template, spawns it as a new page, and then deletes the template. This could be made into a custom menu item or toolbar button if you need to do this sort of thing a lot.

Here's some code that will add a duplicate page of the one that's currently being viewed just after it:

// Duplicate the current page

createTempla

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried extracting the page (Tools > Pages > Extract) and then inserting it (Tools > Pages > Insert from File)?

It would also be possible to do with a script that makes the page a template, spawns it as a new page, and then deletes the template. This could be made into a custom menu item or toolbar button if you need to do this sort of thing a lot.

Here's some code that will add a duplicate page of the one that's currently being viewed just after it:

// Duplicate the current page

createTemplate("t1", pageNum).spawn({nPage: pageNum + 1, bOverlay: false});

removeTemplate("t1");

This code can be run from the interactive JavaScript console (Ctrl+J) by selecting all of the lines and hitting Ctrl+Enter, or Enter on the numeric keypad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2012 Feb 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most thankful of your assistance, George. Did use your script just once, and then closed and reopened my PDF job. Ctrl-Drag worked perfectly after that. Whatever your script did, it ought to be a menu item in the Acrobat program interface. Press here to Duplicate George. Problems solved! Take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Pages panel, select the page and while pressing Ctrl drag it to

the position where you want to have a copy of it, and then drop it.

If you want to view the file smoothly go to the View menu and select Single

Page Continuous under Page Display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2012 Feb 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro’s latest update is scrambling. It’s Windows 7 64-bit. Vs Mac pro in my i5 Colloseum. Time to try another Windows installation set of priorities. Mac swings sweet. What else can we say, except WE ARE DUPLICATED! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tied this and it successfully copied a page. However, I had a number of radio buttons on the original page. When I changed the names of the radio buttons on the copied page (the second page), the names of those radio buttons on the first page also chanaged. I can not see how I can make these independent pages, they are    

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you change the names?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the names by "rename" in the Tools>Forms>Edit Fields. This changed the name on the page that I was editing, but also changed the name on the other page. It seems the number of the field I was editing was the same field number as on the other page. I do not see how I can edit that though. 

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right-click the field itself and select Rename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to Tools

2. Select "Organize Pages"

3. Select the page you want to duplicate so it is highlighted

4. Drag it to the location you want to copy it while holding the "alt" button on Mac. I'm not sure what the PC counterpart is.

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC counterpart would be to:

4. Drag it to the location you want to copy it while holding the "Ctrl" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines