6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2012 6:20 PM by DreamWeaverBeliever RSS

DREAMWEAVER CS5.5 - INSTALLATION ERROR(S)

perplexed123 Community Member

I have attempted several times to install this program from a retail disc with serial number. It seems to hang up in the beginning of the installation before it has calculated install amount remaining (0%). Anyway, it appears to hang when installing: "Microsoft_VC90_CRT.X86"

At the conclusion of the attempt, which takes several minutes this is what I get:      Exit Code: 7     Summary: 27 errors and 23 warnings.

One of my attempts to install the program was: "from the desktop" as described on the Adobe site as well as using a "selective startup" mode.

I am at a loss to fix the installation and live chat has been painful and useless. I did download and use Adobe Support Advisor and this is what it found: Issue Description: cpsid_90243rr: Error DW020 or DW050 occurs during installation-Creative Suite 5.5, Flash CS5.5, Flash Builder 4.5

To date, I have about 4 hours of time just trying to install this software and am getting pretty frustrated with the difficulty finding an answer. I have never had such trouble installing out of the box software before and to make matters worse I have been getting very poor Adobe help or support after the sale.

Any help to identify the problem and get me going would be greatly appreciated.

System:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6, Black

Memory: 8Gb

Drive 1Tb.

Video: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770

Windows 7 Sp1

• 1. Re: DREAMWEAVER CS5.5 - INSTALLATION ERROR(S)
          John Waller MVP

perplexed123 wrote:

At the conclusion of the attempt, which takes several minutes this is what I get:      Exit Code: 7     Summary: 27 errors and 23 warnings.

What does that error log (27 errors and 23 warnings) say specifically?

Try

Install error "Exit Code: 6" or "Exit Code: 7" | Creative Suite 5, CS5.5

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/843/cpsid_84332.html

• 2. Re: DREAMWEAVER CS5.5 - INSTALLATION ERROR(S)
            perplexed123 Community Member

Code: 7

Summary - 0 fatal error(s), 27 error(s), 23 warning(s) ----------- Payload: {08D2E121-7F6A-43EB-97FD-629B44903403} Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86 1.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {43CC1B37-B20C-3EBC-9C04-F809989E4FD3}. HRESULT: 0x800736FD. ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 1603 - Fatal error during installation.

MSI Error message: Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {43CC1B37-B20C-3EBC-9C04-F809989E4FD3}. HRESULT: 0x800736FD. WARNING: DW036: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure WARNING: DW036: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

WARNING: DW036: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

WARNING: DW036: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure WARNING: DW036: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

WARNING: DW036: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure WARNING: DW036: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CS5.5: Install failed ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure ERROR: DW050:  - Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86: Install failed ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5_AdobeDreamweaver11.5en_USLanguagePack: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Extension Manager CS5.5: Install failed ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Device Central CS5.5: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure ERROR: DW050:  - Microsoft_VC90_MFC_x86: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Linguistics CS5: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe CSXS Infrastructure CS5.5: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - AdobeHelp: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Device Central CS5.5_DeviceCentral3.5LP-en_US: Install failed ERROR: DW050:  - Microsoft_VC90_MFCLOC_x86: Install failed ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe CSXS Extensions CS5.5: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe ReviewPanel CS5.5: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - HIL Help Search: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Microsoft_VC80_MFC_x86: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Player for Embedding 3.1: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Microsoft_VC80_MFCLOC_x86: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - SiteCatalyst NetAverages CS5.5: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - AdobeJRE: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Suite Shared Configuration CS5.5: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Dreamweaver Widget Browser: Install failed

• 3. Re: DREAMWEAVER CS5.5 - INSTALLATION ERROR(S)
              Gee Lang

I experienced the same thing when install dreamweaver in windows 7. What is the solution?

Look at this image:

dreamweavercs5.5_errors.jpg

• 4. Re: DREAMWEAVER CS5.5 - INSTALLATION ERROR(S)
                DreamWeaverBeliever Community Member

I paid for the online download of Dreamweaver CS5.5 this weekend and unfortunately I repeatedly get the following message even after rebooting the computer:

"Update Progress

Please close the following applications to continue:

Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 (Dreamweaver.exe)."

I did a search in my Windows 7 operating system, but found no ".exe" file to close.   But if I close Dreamweaver, itself, how could I effect the updating process?  

I'm perplexed, as I have never had so much trouble downloading a software upgrade before (during nearly 2 decades of doing so).  

• 5. Re: DREAMWEAVER CS5.5 - INSTALLATION ERROR(S)
                  iIrRm

I don't know, if it's still relevant. I had the same problem. After days or weeks trying I installed WindowsServer. At the same time I downgraded to an older sevicepack. Then I could install it. I thought it has been the WindowsServer. I didn't install it, when I was installing the Internet Explorer. so here you can download it. It's in the IE-package:

for 64bit systems:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=23332

Hope it works for you too,

greetings from Germany (so sorry, if my english is not well),

iIrRm

• 6. Re: DREAMWEAVER CS5.5 - INSTALLATION ERROR(S)
                    DreamWeaverBeliever Community Member

Hi:

I eventually called in to Adobe and they informed me that I needed to search for   Dreamweaver.exe   in the search bar of my Windows System 7 operating system.   I did so and followed their instructions (which I don't recall at the moment) and resolved the problem.   Thanks for the suggestion though.