• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost media.ppcx file

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!!  I recorded 84 slides of audio...just to find that the media.ppcx file cannot be located.  All of the recordings are in a folder (mp3 and lthmb files)...named with numbers...how can I get those recordings in my power point presentation through Presenter???

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2012 Feb 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you moved your presentation to another location? Please make sure that you also move the asset folder to same location. Asset folder are name as PresentationFileName_pptx/ppt.

If you have moved both presentation and asset folder then verify that can you see media.ppcx folder in that location. If you are prompted for ppcx file please point to this media.ppcx file and all recording will get attached properly.

Thanks,

Shubhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response. I have not moved the folder. It is named appropriately. The media.ppcxfile is what is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Presenter are you using 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.5, 7.0.6 or 7.0.7?

And if the PPCX file is gone, then you will need to go throught he painful process of listening to each audio file, and then determining which slide it should be re-imported into. I would copy them into another folder, and rename them, so you have everything set up should you need it again in the future. This sounds like something that Presenter 7.0.2 or earlier would do, thus why I ask about version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked unsuccessfully with our Technology Services Department. I will

be re recording tonight, unfortunately.

Susan Reaves

ESE Secondary Coordinator

Volusia County Schools

386-255-6475 Ext 33247

Fax Number - 386-943-3445

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would upgrade to 7.0.6 through the Adobe Upadter, or but going into any Adobe application (including Presenter) and checking Help > Check for Updates. You will need to install 7.0.2, 7.0.5 and 7.0.6 sequentially. You could also go here and download the EXE files for the updates: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ … rm=Windows

If you decided to go to 7.0.7 it requires that you uninstall the existing version of Presenter on your computer, and then reinstall the new 7.0.7 version as a clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Two more questions…what about the 7.0a update and if I do the

7.0.7, will I again need the code for our school district?

Susan Reaves

ESE Secondary Coordinator

Volusia County Schools

386-255-6475 Ext 33247

Fax Number - 386-943-3445

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.0a is 7.0.0

Yes, installing 7.0.7 will require you to put your serial key in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same thing happen with Adobe Presenter 8.

Just to be sure I wasn’t crazy, I reinstalled the media.ppcx file from backup. Presenter deleted it again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorna,

What is the best way to import the audio files back into the presentation?

Is there any troubleshooting that should be done to the PowerPoint file so that it does not lose the media.ppcx file again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to take a shot at the dark on this, but I'll try.

Are you taking a presentation from Presenter 7, Presenter 6, or older and trying to update it to Presenter 8? Are you trying to associate a stand alone PPC (Presenter 6 or older) file or a PPCX file (Presenter 7 and newer)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorna,

Yes, I believe the two presentations were created in Presenter 7, then I upgraded to 8.  It is a PPCX file. 

Oddly though, it only happened to 3 of my older files.  I have a few others I have revised with Presenter 8 without problem.

FYI, I did reimport the audio and the new presentation publishes fine now.  Thanks for that tip. It was not as bad as I thought it might be. I renamed the audio files by slide number, which made it easy to import them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you did my next suggestion and it seems to have worked. The update process has always seemed to leave a few files in a lurch for me. Most work, but some require a little more encouragement than others!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

It is nice to get a candid assessment. Knowing the older files might not update properly is something I can work with (now that I know). Replacing a couple presentations is a lot easier knowing that my new Presenter 8 presentation won’t ge corrupted. I was worried this could happen to any of my presentations at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I require a few more details

1. Which version of PowerPoint are you using?

2. The presentation is a "pptx" or a "ppt"?

If the issue is presentation specific can you package the presentations and send it to mkalyanp@adobe.com ?

Thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Mahesh,

I have PowerPoint 2010. 

The presentation is a pptx

I will zip up the files and send it to you.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources