Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

specify the location of js files in Help folder

Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I generate my WebHelp file every topic has the following added:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="whver.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whproxy.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whutils.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whlang.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whtopic.js"></script>

Developers are requesting that I specify the location of js files in Help folder so each line would include src="help/WebHelp_en_CA/ as follows:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="help/WebHelp_en_CA/whver.js"></script>

I know I can make the change manually (need to do it after every generation) but is there a setting where I indicate this so it is part of the generation process.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008
RH puts in the relative path. That is the way it works so anything else carries a risk of breaking the help. Does it work the way they want it?

There is nothing built into RH to do that. Why would there be?

I cannot see any point in this quite unnecessary change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH puts in the relative path. That is the way it works so anything else carries a risk of breaking the help. Does it work the way they want it?

There is nothing built into RH to do that. Why would there be?

I cannot see any point in this quite unnecessary change.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2008 Sep 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Peter
Thats what I thought. The help is for a web application that has context sensitive access to the help file. This is the third project and we have had no problems to date with how RH built the files. The programmers that I deal with never made any similar requests but it is being turned over to another group as part of a hand off from a development project to an on-going program. The only issue I can see that they might have a concern with is they are very sensitive to security issues around java.
I will pass on the potential that their modification may in fact break the help file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp