• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8: TOC Pane not displaying new location

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on a link in one of the online help pages that takes me to a new page, the TOC does not refresh to show my new location. I just checked a CHM file of a product from another department in my company that was generated with RH9 (I'm still using RH8) and this feature does work in their online help. I found a site that mentions to select the Always Show Selection checkbox, which I did, but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there any way to enable this feature in RH8? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

You need to be looking in Project Set-up at the window you are using. It should look like this.

CHM_window.jpg

Note the Auto-synchronise TOC checkbox under Tripane Options. It must be ticked for what you want.

Note the Window Name and make sure that is selected in the SSL.

If you don't see the above options, then go back to my earlier replies to see how to create a new window.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed. Look in the Window properties and make sure Auto Synchronise TOC is ticked.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That works when I generate a WebHelp version but not in the CHM file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have separate windows defined for WebHelp and CHMs? They have different options. Set CHM to being the default and create a new window. It will likely look different to what you are seeing right now. Select the new window when you generate.

You can change the default back to WebHelp once you have created the new window.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I don't understand.

I do everything in one window. In my Single Source Layout pod, Microsoft HTML Help is set as my Primary Layout. If I right-click on it and select Generate, only the first dialog box is enabled. But from there I can access the Advanced Settings > Edit > TOC Styles and select the Always Show Selection checkbox.

But if I right-click on WebHelp in the Single Source Layout pod and select Generate, I can click on the Next button which has the Synchronize Table of Contents checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be looking in Project Set-up at the window you are using. It should look like this.

CHM_window.jpg

Note the Auto-synchronise TOC checkbox under Tripane Options. It must be ticked for what you want.

Note the Window Name and make sure that is selected in the SSL.

If you don't see the above options, then go back to my earlier replies to see how to create a new window.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp