Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One project in several languages

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

Please tell me whether the following is possible to be carried out in RH9 or not:

I have the same project in several languages. Sometimes it happen that I have to delete a paragraph or a table and in that case I open the project in all languages and delete that stuff one by one... This activity is very time consuming and makes me lot of trouble...

It would be so great if I deleted a table in English, that table would also be deleted in German, French, etc at the same time without my intervention... Could it be carried out somehow? Or how could I make my work in these and similar cases easier?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of any such method and can see it being an undesirable behaviour. You might have to remove something from one language for local reasons but still want it in all other languages.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in my case, there are no differences among the languages... it is so miserable to check-out a file, open RH, make the correction (eg, apply bold on an expression), create the .chm file and check-in the file... and do it again in more than 10 languages...

So you say there is no solution and I have to do Sisyphus's work over and over again... :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL.

Yeah but it pays the bills.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp