• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbered styles in RoboHelp 9

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a numbered style in RoboHelp 8 (i.e., a style that added numbering to the paragraph).  It never worked well with numbered paragraphs imported from Word, so I'd like to remove the numbering going forward.  However, I'm now in RoboHelp 9, and there doesn't seem to be a way to remove numbering from styles.

Did Adobe take away that option?  Is there any way I can remove the numbering?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlight the numbered paragraphs and the Number icon should be highlighted. Click it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I've been doing, Peter, but I want to find a way to edit the

style itself so it doesn't apply the numbering in the first place. It's

very time-consuming to have to go through all the paragraphs and remove the

numbering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since RoboHelp 8 numbers and bullets should be defined using list styles. There's a page on my site about list.

Post the CSS for the style here and hopefully we can see what is wrong. Open the CSS in Notepad and copy the style for the relevant paragraph.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter.

I now have a new issue. I opened the css file in Notepad, removed the List

line, and now the styles appear in a completely different font. Weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to my own post here to say I solved the "new issue."  I had (I thought) copied the css file to another directory and accidentally moved it instead.  Copied it back and everything behaves beautifully.

All is well...

Incidentally, using heading styles for numbering is common usage in law firms, so I'm going to have to go against all my training to use list styles instead!  But I think the problem is solved now.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's nothing wrong in using a combination of a paragraph style and a list style. The key bit is it is the list style that must define the numbering.

Explained on my site. http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/lists/lists.htm

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp