• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DropShadowFilter blurX and blurY produce no effect.

Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<s:Rect width="152" height="152" radiusX="6" radiusY="6">

<s:fill>

<s:SolidColor color="#ffffff" />

</s:fill>

<s:filters >

<s:DropShadowFilter alpha="1" angle="90" blurX="3" blurY="3" color="0x000000" distance="2" hideObject="false" inner="false" knockout="false" quality="3" strength="55"/>

</s:filters>

</s:Rect>

What is wrong with this code?

My drop shadow does not blur regardless of what value is added to the blurX and blurY properties.

The same settings work fine in the Flash IDE. Creating a dropShadowFilter with as3 and applying it to a Spark component also works. Adding it with MXML results in a solid black blob that has no blurring applied.

I appreciate anyone's insight into this issue.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just another bug as usual with Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like the problem is that according to Adobe, the "strength" attribute accepts an integer value between 1 and 255. So in the Flash IDE where I set up a test, setting strength to 55 produced the desired result, while setting it to "55" in as3 or in the inline mxml does NOT. In fact, setting it to "3" results in an almost completely black blob with no blur.

So I ASSUME what these jerks meant in their documentation is that it accepts a value from .01 to 2.55?

I can't stand Adobe garbage anymore. I am so sick of their broken crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines