• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find existing RH 6 Office X5 key?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to install my licensed copy of RH 6 on a different PC, as it wants a valid RoboHelp Office X5 key. Where can I locate this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dstellrecht2 and welcome to the RH community.
Did you uninstall RHX5? If so, it sounds like there may be some bits of it that have been left behind. Read this link#.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Colum. I had previously uninstalled a trial version of RH 7, and completed all of the steps in Peter Grainge's article that applied, but I cannot get the installation of RH 6 past the prompt for the valid RoboHelp Office X5 key. I have RH 6 installed on my laptop, as well - can I obtain this key from the installation there? If so, where might I find it? I have nothing in program files or in the Start menu called RoboHelp Office X5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you had X5 and purchased the upgrade to RH6. It knows it is an upgrade and requires the X5 serial number so you do need to locate the media.

If you cannot, then you need to gather what evidence you have that you purchased X5 and contact Adobe Customer Support.

There is a topic on their site about this.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks. That is possible; - I inherited the RH 6 license from a co-worker. I'll check with Adobe, then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp