Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

using transformPDF service to flatten pdf form

Former Community Member

Hello,

I'd like to user LC Output > transformPDF service that used to fllatten a editable form to a "read only" document so the fields will no longer editable.

Does any one have a sample process that use this service?

Can you please share or advice on how to use this.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Han

3 Replies

Level 10

Han,

That's really simple. Drag transformPDF activity and set your PDF as Input. Leave other input parameters.

Assign output parameter to a document variable (you may also overwrite your inpur PDF).

There you go!

Nith

Former Community Member

Hi Nith,

I have done that but never be able to make it work. I keep getting the below error:

[2/3/12 8:01:45:942 CST] 00000120 OutputExcepti E com.adobe.livecycle.output.logging.OutputLogger logMessage ALC-OUT-001-202: Document is not a valid PDF Document
[2/3/12 8:01:46:052 CST] 00000120 WorkflowDSCIn E com.adobe.idp.workflow.dsc.invoker.WorkflowDSCInvoker logFailedFaultRouting An exception was thrown with name com.adobe.livecycle.output.exception.OutputException message:ALC-DSC-000-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCException: Internal error. while invoking service OutputService and operation transformPDF and no fault routes were found to be configured.

The input variable is a xfa type for the xdp file and output variable is a document type. I am not sure if I still miss something.

Can you advise.

flatten.JPG

Thanks, Han

Level 10

I think transformPDF operation requires an XFA based PDF document.

Since you have submitted XDP, it is throwing error.

Try to render your XDP document into PDF (Using renderPDF operation) and then invoke the transformPDF operation.

Nith