• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching in Robohelp Webhelp Output

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having some issues with the results that I am getting in with the Webhelp output of Robohelp 9. For example, I searched for the string A# and got no results even though I know A# was contained in one of the generated RoboHelp topics. I even added A# as a Topic Keyword just to see if that would help and still nothing.

I have also added A# to my list of Phrases in the Project Settings and still it doesn't appear in when I search the generated output. I like RoboHelp, but I'm thinking its search features are kind of weak. Can someone help me improve them...any and all suggestions are welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try with a new project and just a couple of topics.

I just put both A124 and A# into a topic and search found both. I wasn't sure whether you were searching for A# literally or A followed by a number.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

I'll try a smaller project with a few topics as you suggest. The project I am working with is very big with a lot of topics, but I am still not getting any search results when I search on "A#". Can the size of the project make that kind of a difference? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't have thought the project size would make a difference.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp