Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot re-activate Premiere Elements 7 with correct licence

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I cannot re-activate Adobe Premiere Elements 7 with correct licence on a W7-64bit computer!

I did not use it for a long time and it was working fine on the [W7-64bit], I tried to load a .mpg file which works fine and plays fine and it is not corrupted.

PE7 said could not lead that file! a .mpg file?

Since I did not have a Disc, I downloaded a Trial version of it and re-installed it.

It now does not accept Licence Key which is 'correct' and I also tried the LicenseRecovery.exe and re-booted - just the same.

What do I do as I cannot contact Adobe in any way and I do not have ANY paid support as I do not need it.

A customer that needs help to have their programme work should be free!

On my account there is a contact link, whic is the one that I need - the page does not work [strangely!] - the paid ones do work fine.

Any help?

I bet the Adobe reply would be: 7 does not work on W7 - actually the licence does not work!

Can you suggest any good Video Manager instead of ADOBE GESTAPO ones?

M

PS the PE7 was part of the Laptop I purchased a few years ago and I also had to battle to let me have a licence which I had the right to have - that was what I call a SCAM into foircing customers in buying the upgrade which costs the nealr same as the programme you have bundled with - learned the lesson and I will never repeat that! again - I only use it once in a while and I wish it to work!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I now purchased the upgrade to version 10 and I hope I do not have problems or hell will follow ...

I wasted 2 hours at work too and nobody will re-imbourse that time or shall I invoice Adobe?

See if it solves problems, I wasted money as they wish us to do 'every year!' in order to make it work.

!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mobon I am not familiar with a LicenseRecovery.exe application for Premiere Elements 7.  I am curious as what this application does and where you aquired it?

Beyond that we do have activation support available 24 hours a day.  Which region/country are you in?

Finally did you experience any difficulties with your Premiere Elements 10 installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2012 Feb 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

License Recovery is here at Adobe website - http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html - if anybody needs it - I have not purchased anything.

The purpose is when you run one of the Adobe's programs and it either does not run or starts and stops, etc. - this avoids Adobe to interact with their customers - living them on their own and saving them money!!

You run License Recovery and it checks for corrupted files/etc. and 99% of the times, it fix it.

I am surprised you do not know about it.

Anyway, now you know and can reply to others to use that first, as Adobe do not reply anymore to its customers.

I ordered Adobe Premiere Elements 10 [full version, for Mac too] and we will see - Adobe won in their lucrative way of asking for 'more' money from us!

But I purchased it from elsewhere, as Adobe greedy way of doing business is always asking more money on a upgrade than you find the full program for less.

There are limits to decency, Adobe and you went over them.

At least Macromedia would have offered you upgrades at a much lower price depending of what you owned and this is what we get when a Company owns too many programs [a-la-Microsoft] and has the monopoly and Macromedia would have gave you FAR BETTER SUPPORT - for FREE.

Why does Adobe call it upgrade only to ask you a price as much as a new one? Adobe also keeps HIGH prices [on purpose] for full programs, old way for asking more money on upgrades!

This time I purchased it, but I will try other programs too, maybe on my other Computer [Linux!].

Monopoly should be banned by Law.

Nobody wins but the owners, and it creates 'less' jobs too.

M

PS only way to beat Monopoly is to use FREE programs and donate! You touch their pockets and then they listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADDITION

I searched online for Premiere 10 Trial Download while awaiting for CD arrival and the 'direct' link has been removed - very clever!

Then I went to Adobe website and clicked to download the Trial version [so I could use it in the meantime].

I downloaded from a different ADSL connection as download was around 1.4Gb ...so, I downloaded Adobe Downloader and dwonloaded it only to find [I was sure it would happen!] I could not install it as it was the 32bit version - I have W7-64bit!

The Adobe downloader does not let you choose 32bit or 64bit and I bet it does that automatically by checking the computer is downloading from.

We are now gone from Idiotic to stupid Adobe' behaviour.

Why don't you have a download/ftp folder like all major Companies that we can download after we log-in?

... and choose what we want to trial?

It is aTrial, so what is the problem?

Adobe is getting childish...

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mbon I am sorry I wasn't able to identify the application from your error message.  The link you provided is one of the methods to resolve issues with the error, "Licensing for this product has stopped working."

In regards to your installation issue did you receive a particular error message while trying to install? 

The Adobe Download Assistant should be detecting your operating system and downloading the correct version.  If for some reason you did install the 32-bit version on your 64-bit Windows 7 it should still function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

First of all, I do not know why it is the second time that after I

logged in Adobe, I cannot reply to Posts - it looks like Adobe forums do

not refresh cookies!/

/Getting back to the post, I managed to download the 64bit version

anyway and installed - the 32bit version, as soon as run was saying I

'could not' install it as it was a 32bit version, which is stupid anyway.

After I installed version 10 and installed all the additional files and

loaded one of my projects done with APE7.

It loads fine, but when I click on the DISC MENUS TAB to check the Menus

I previously created with version 7, Version 10 crashes and I get the

following error:

Sorry, a serious error occurred ... ect.

Windows says the file DVDcreator.dll was the faulty one.

Personally I believe Version 10 did not take version 7 Disc Menus in or

it does not find the relative files!

What do I do?

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I have now started a discussion here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/960143

Adobe Premiere 10 -

PE 10 crashes when I click "Disc Menus" tab

But ADOOOOBE? I STILL WISH TO HAVE THE VERSION 7 TO WORK AS IT DID!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mobon I am happy to hear that you have posted your inquiry to the Premiere Elements forum.  The users there will be able to assist you with launch issues.  You can run the Adobe Support Advisor to help verify that there was no difficulties with the installation itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I run the advisor before and after I unistalled it completely and re-downloaded the Installation File and re-installed it.

At the moment of inserting the licence key, it still do not accept it and says it is not a valid one.

The advisor found 10 problems - the first 6 are the same on the same date [ http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/835/cpsid_83572.html ] and the last 4 are the same on the same date [ http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/902/cpsid_90243.html ]:

1. Suite or Product: Photoshop Camera Raw 6.6

Issue Description: cpsid_83572r4: Error committing command when installing - Creative Suite 5.5

Click here for details and corrective actions related to this issue

2. Suite or Product: Photoshop Camera Raw 6.6 [same date and time]

Issue Description: cpsid_83572r4: Error committing command when installing - Creative Suite 5.5

3. Suite or Product: Photoshop Camera Raw 6.6 [same date and time]

4. Suite or Product: Photoshop Camera Raw 6.6 [same date and time]

5. Suite or Product: Photoshop Camera Raw 6.6 [same date and time]

6. Suite or Product: Photoshop Camera Raw 6.6 [same date and time]

7. Suite or Product: Photoshop Camera Raw 6.6 [same date and time]

Issue Description: cpsid_90243r4: Error DW020 or DW050 occurs during installation - Creative Suite 5.5, Flash CS5.5, Flash Builder 4.5

8. Suite or Product: Photoshop Camera Raw 6.6 [same date and time]

Issue Description: cpsid_90243r4: Error DW020 or DW050 occurs during installation - Creative Suite 5.5, Flash CS5.5, Flash Builder 4.5

9. Suite or Product: Photoshop Camera Raw 6.6 [same date and time]

10. Suite or Product: Photoshop Camera Raw 6.6 [same date and time]

NOTES:

I do have:

Photoshop Elements 9 [used to have 7 with same problems as Premiere 7 - could not input licence key!]

Photoshop Premiere Elements 7

Photoshop Premiere Elements 10 - working fine and updated it

Macromedia Flash 5.5 - part of old Studio Package - not used for a longtime [years!] and the last 4 errors is probably for this programme

Flash 5.5 runs fine and I bet the problem is only relative to the olf Player within the old Flash 5.5 programme - in fact the relative page says so.

The Solution page for the first 6 [same] error says:

Solution

This error occurs if you reinstall Photoshop CS4 when both Photoshop CS5 or CS5.5 and Photoshop CS4 are already installed on your system. To successfully reinstall Photoshop CS4, first remove Photoshop CS4, and then reinstall it.

I do not have any of the Photoshop above and the only CS4 I have is Dreamweaver CS4 and I do not see what it has to do with it!

I cannot uninstall and reinstall CS4 - it will take ages and I will have to re-set it the way I use it - it is mad.

There should be a forum on Adobe-Annoyances and I still believe Adobe should not use the 'same' resources if the programmes are of different versions - it would solve all these numerous annoyances.

What I wish is to be able to use Photoshop Elements and Premiere 7 on another computer [ I use 9 and 10 on this Laptop], since I do have a full registered licence for them.

The advisor says:

Creative Suite Product Install Inspector has identified the issue(s) that needs attention. An issue report containing system information, some product log snippets and summary of issue(s) has been generated and will be submitted to Adobe. Adobe will use this issue report to help address the issue(s) in the future. More Information

Collection of this information is subject to the Privacy Policy

So I submitted it and copied the Case Code.

Now what do I do?

In my view Adobe should discard the old Licences [registered online] and re-issue new ones - instead of giving us all this grief and wast of valuable time.

Sorry for the long message

Regards

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mobon the document Install log error "Error committing command" | Creative Suite 5, CS5.5 is asking you to remove your previously installed Adobe software and then reinstall.  It also maybe possible that you may be having difficulty writing to the following directories as well since they contain your license information.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff

I did not see your reply earlier on.

It sill is a bit confusing to me.

OK - I hope it helps but I still do not understand that Error Page explanation.

Why is it about Photoshop CS4 CS5.5 which I believe I do not have? Unless PE7 and PPE7 are CS4 based?

I only have Dreamweaver CS4 - installed ages ago, but I will check.

Should I uninstall Dreamweaver CS4 by any chance - possibly interfering with the licence of PE7 and PPE7 ?

Later this afternoon  [in UK 8 hours later than PST] I will install PE7 and PPE7 on a PC at home and see what happens!

There, I only have an older licensed and registered version PE4 and PPE4 - and I could uninstall the 4 version of which I have the discs

Thanks

M

ADDITION:

In the Programs listing I found the following CS4 and CS5 - that I could see:

Adobe Bridge CS4

Adobe Device Central CS4

Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 [as mentioned]

Adobe ExtendedScript Toolkit CS4

Adobe ExtendedScript Tollkit CS5

Adobe Extension Manager CS4 [ probably for Dreamweaver CS4 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST:

I have installed Adobe Photoshop 7 and Pemiere 7 to my home PC and it still does not accept licences.

As suspected something else is going on and it would be strange if the problem is the Activation needs to be reset from Adobe Servers, because it should not have anything to do with the licence inputting, really.

Maybe I was given the wrong codes and the input the wrong codes in my Registration listing - it was done mjanually registered by Adobe and not me - I wonder why!

I will [try] chat with Adobe to get into the 8 hour time difference!

I thought Adobe had a Chat system for the UK once? or maybe that was Macromedia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mobon what is the current error you are receiving when trying to launch Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements?  Also to your earlier question I would remove any Adobe Creative Software you have installed.  This would be things like Dreamweaver CS4 but not things like Flash Player or Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As explained in earlier post - it is not an error but a windows warning.

Exact words:

The serial number you entered is not valid.

Click OK to retry entering the serial number.

I Today installed both on a computer [PC] at home [to check if there would work] and it does not accept the licence keys as per the Laptop this thread was started for!

Serial number is correctly copied from my registration page.

I had a reply on the forum.Photoshop.com [ for problems with installing and activating ]  from a Employee that said he would ask to check.

I do not think it has anything to do with activation [but you never know] - I bet I simply had the wrong codes registered as it was preloaded in the Laptop and licence keys were manually added by Adobe Employee last year [if I am not wrong] and never had to use them until I re-installed system upgraded to w7 at 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Concluding this trivia!

I contacted Adobe via CHAT only to be told the keys are correct but only be used with OEM disc from manufacturer.

i.e. when I purchased the last Laptop for £. 1,100 GBP - there was PSE7 and PSPE7 bundled with it and since it was a SONY and it was not advertised as OEM or PRE-installed [= OEM], I believed I was getting a nice deal.

I should have checked via email with SONY, but spend more time trying to get the best Laptop I could for the money at the time and TRUSTED ADOBE and SONY!

The legal trick is: OEM are actually agreements between [in this case] Adobe and Sony to bundle free software [ free or purchased the manufacturers and Adobe have an obligation !].

£. 1,100 certainly not free!

Since they are part of the OEM installation and disc, the SONY  OEM disc is actually a CLONE of the factory settings and the Adobe programs are PRE-installed in that OEM disc which was made for Vista 32bit!

Since then I upgraded to W7 32bit paying SONY £. 20 for the upgrade discs as they were part of the deal - W7 32bit was coming out a month after I purchased the laptop.

After a short while I re-installed everything but 64bit to be able to speed computer up and use the 8Gb [FAST]  memory too.

Problem is? The bundled programs cannot be installed again [although version 7 works fine on W7 64bit].

Other problem is? NO LICENCE KEYS WERE GIVEN TO ME!

Then 6 months ago or longer I chat to merge to account with Adobe as they did not have merged yet the old Macromedia account into new Adobe's one.

On that occasion I asked for the licence keys and manually added them into my account - as expected!

By then I did not use the licences as I already purchased full version of PSE9 as I needed it and did not need PsPe at the time - purchased from Amazon at less than Adobe upgrade!

I discovered the licences did not work when I re-installed Premiere Elements 7 using those keys!

Then, tried an install on a PC - just to make sure I did not have problems with my Laptop.

This is the whole story.

Surprised?

I am not authorised to use programs of which I own a licence any-more and I even spoke with the Floor Manager at the CHAT customer service when I asked to have the old licences VOID and issued new one that would work with the downloaded Trial version.

Good advertising Adobe!

#

I will try something later on and then I will share it, if I am successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see hundreds of people with the very same or similar problem when re-installing 'Adobe' programmes - all due to the way Adobe is controlling licences!

Does not that cost more than actually loosing some licences payments from a few pirates?

All this trouble because of Adobe's too tight a  way of 'keeping' licences in control!

Why not use a USB Hardware key then?

Like Germans/Japanese do with Steinberg Music Programmes, to mention one Company.

We will see if it will be fixed when I will have the Activation reset.

I only ever used it on the same computer, there should not be problem with activation and activation [in theory] should have nothing to do with Licence key' anyway!

I must stress I never ever had so much trouble with programmes since Adobe has taken over Macromedia - they were angels there and I bet Macromedia Employees too were happier !

;p[

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines