• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question regarding launching of context-sensitive WebHelp

Oct 06, 2006 Oct 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
We have created a WebHelp project that uses MapIds.
From our C# app, our developers have created a htm file that uses the RoboHelp_CSH.js function of ShowHelp to launch the contextual htm file within the WebHelp window.
So the call from our app launches a htm file that in turn opens the WebHelp project. But this will cause two browser windows to open.
We dont want two browser windows open, and would like to know if there is any way we can have the WebHelp project opening within the htm file that is called from the C# app?
The htm file that launches the WebHelp contextually uses this code
<html>

<script type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2 src="RoboHelp_CSH.js">

</script>

<body onload='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "C:/Public/help/rh_projects/Output/index.htm>online_help_window", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 1)' />

</html>

Is there any other way we can launch webHelp using Map Ids (without using htm file names/alias files) from a C# app?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a set of instructions available at the end of this link which might help.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Thanks for the link, but I used information from that page to create my webHelp, however my problem remains: the call from my htm file (with the showhelp javascript function) now invokes webHelp in a separate window. We need the help to appear in the same window as the htm file that calls the WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't double post.

I've answered here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think CSH_try double posted. I think he tried to clarify what his issue was because your link was not sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristopher

I'm guessing you may not realize that the thread you replied to is a forum post that occurred six years ago?

A lot can change in that span of time. Broken links, Pages disappearing, etc.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the contrary. I replied on purpose because:

1. The question had not been marked as answered and in my experience with the CSH, it concerns me that 6 years later it seems Adobe has done nothing to address the issue.
  2. MergeThis was not coming across as especially helpful, especially in scolding this user asking a relevant question for posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Kristopher

I've seen other posts where you seem angry and it feels as if have an axe to grind. I'm very sorry you feel that way.

Please note that all I'm trying to do here is to provide some insight. Further note that I'm not affiliated with Adobe in any way other than being an enthusiastic user and supporter of the products I'm involved with. Although I, along with Peter and John and a host of others, happen to be recognized as a Community Professional. That's simply a designation for being extra helpful in helping others solve their issues with the software we enjoy using.

Having said that...

ktel_1888 wrote:

On the contrary. I replied on purpose because:

1. The question had not been marked as answered and in my experience with the CSH, it concerns me that 6 years later it seems Adobe has done nothing to address the issue.

You seem to be under the impression that the forum software in use six years ago offered the options we see today. (marking a thread as answered, helpful, etc) Note that the forums have traveled through several different incarnations. Data came from the former eHelp forums, then was migrated to the Macromedia platforms and finally have been consolidated under the Adobe umbrella with the Jive consolidation.

Frankly, I'm surprised the data even survived. Let alone being marked as answered, correct, incorrect or whatever.

1. MergeThis was not coming across as especially helpful, especially in scolding this user asking a relevant question for posting.

MergeThis was simply one of many knowledgeable users that pitched in and tried to help over the years. Unfortunately we don't see much of him any longer. I'm not sure if that indicates that he retired, moved to a different product or what. But the point is, each of us has our own style and way of working. What may come off to one person as being curt and not helpful comes off to another quite differently. Sometimes you have to get to know the person involved.

Basically many of us take the stance that this is an actual community. Albeit virtual and global. And like any community, it's filled with many different and colorful characters. And some of those same characters may come off as being gruff or unhelpful. Possibly even seeming unapproachable at times. Such is the world we live in.

It just seemed with this thread that you were tilting a bit at abandoned windmills.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No ax to grind. If Adobe's looking for a supporter, I'm the guy you want to talk to.

If you're seeing anything, you're seeing frustration from someone who wants to continue to evangelize the greatness of Adobe's products and services, but is running into issues with things that should be very, very basic.

Re: Your Don Quixote reference

Never forget that although Don Quixote was considered a deluded fool for tilting at windmills near the beginning of the novel, he is seen as well-respected and dignified for holding humanity to a higher standard early on in the second book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp