• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can you copy custom To Do List settings from one project to another?

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH9. We created a number of To Do List entries for one of our Robohelp projects that we now want to use in all of our RH projects (File > Project Settings > Manage To Do List for Robohelp Project). Is it possible to copy these entries from one project to another? Or do we need to re-create the list of To Do tasks for each one of our 20+ projects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Hi there

The "To Do" list items appear to be stored directly in the ProjectName.XPJ file. So theoretically it would be possible to copy them by opening one XPJ using Windows Notepad, copying them, then opening the target XPJ and pasting. However, this will likely cause a disparity between the XPJ and the .CPD. So before actually opening the project where you are copying them into, you would want to close the project and delete the CPD. Then modify the XPJ and re-open the project. A fresh CPD shou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can identify which file it is, you can probably copy it from project to project without harm (always do a test on a blank project). I do that with a customized RoboHHRE.lng file where I've played with the wording for the navigation text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The "To Do" list items appear to be stored directly in the ProjectName.XPJ file. So theoretically it would be possible to copy them by opening one XPJ using Windows Notepad, copying them, then opening the target XPJ and pasting. However, this will likely cause a disparity between the XPJ and the .CPD. So before actually opening the project where you are copying them into, you would want to close the project and delete the CPD. Then modify the XPJ and re-open the project. A fresh CPD should then be baked up and things should be in sync.

You might also want to submit a Wish Form to ask for an easier way to transfer custom lists. (link is always in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much! You guys are awesome as usual. Copying the TODo section of the XPJ worked like a charm and wasn't hard to do. I also submitted a Wish Form to Adobe.

Here's exactly what you need to do for future reference:

1. Make a back up of the project that doesn't have the ToDo list entries you want.
  2. From RH, open the project that doesn't have the ToDo list entries you want.
  3. From the Topic List pod, select all topics and confirm that none of the check boxes are selected for any topic. (I don't know if this step is necessary but since I was going to delete these definitions from the project, I wanted to make sure that they weren't being used in any topic.)
  4. Save and close the project.
  5. Delete the CPD file.
  6. Using a text editor, open the XPJ of the project that has the TO DO list entries you want. (I used Visual Studio, but Notepad would work too.)
  7. Copy all of the text from <TOD0List> to </TODOList>
  8. Open the XPJ of the project that doesn't have the TO DO list entries you want.
  9. Replace all of the text from <TOD0List> to </TODOList> with the info from the 1st project.
  10. Save the XPJ.
  11. From RH, open the second project and set the ToDo list items for each topic as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp