Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locking The Orientation Of The Flex Mobile Application on Android Device

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have developed an application using Adobe Flash Builder Burrito and installed it on my android device,Samsung Galaxy Tab.

I want to lock the orientation of my application to landscape even when the device is in portrait position.

Can anyone of you help me to implement this.

Thanks.

Sujata Jha.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2011 Jan 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a new mobile project (actionscript or flex) it asks if you want it to auto-orient. This setting can be edited for existing projects in [project name]-app.xml.

What I can't figure out is how to fix the application in landscape mode, as it seems to default to portrait.I could rotate the content myself, but the I'd have to convert screen events and previewing on the desktop would mean a lot of head twisting. Anyone know how to do this?

-Gabriel

Can you get Rasputin Rabbit back in the hat? Play Houdini's Hat (made with Away3D):

http://www.pizmogames.com/games/load.php?g=houdinishat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set initial orientation in the [project]-app.xml using <aspectRation>landscape</aspectRation>.

- Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set initial orientation in the [project]-app.xml using

<aspectRation>landscape</aspectRation>

<autoOrients>false</autoOrients>

- Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The question I have is how to you lock the orientation when tablets and phones are opposite from each other.  Test your locked app on the Xoom and then on the droidX.  You will see landscape on the phone is wide instead of tall and landscape on the Xoom is tall instead of wide.  I understand that "portrait" seems to mean the default aspect of the device, but portrait has ALWAYS meant tall and landscape has ALWAYS meant wide in all creative applications.  Why would this be different?  Please tell me how I can fix my application to have the "wide" aspect on both a phone and a tablet without building two applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines