• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android Speech Synthesis

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use the Android speech synthesis API from within an Adobe Flash Builder mobile project?

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried making a .ANE extension which implements android TTS stuff, but it's not working yet.  Has someone already done this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, someone has done a similar thing with an ANE here:

http://blog.ruedaminute.com/2012/01/voice-command-adobe-native-extension-ane-control-your-air-for-android-apps-with-voice-commands/

iBrent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like what I need. All I need from it is the speech synthesis stuff, (it has speech recognition as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact that ANE does not have speech synthesis, only speech recognition.   

Do you know of anyone who has made one to synthesise text?  I don't think it should be too hard, but I'm having trouble with it for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a text2speech ANE (and some other useful things) in this code:  http://code.google.com/p/ane-lab/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you ever find out how to actually use this ANE?  I can't find any documentation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines