• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rulers and Guides and Grids

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone explain why or how to get guides and rulers and grids In Premier pro 5+ ? For me it would be a very usefull set of tools to have or is there any plugins to acheive this with ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only kind that I'm aware of that are viewable in the program monitor are the safe zones.

You could always create a title, or an image file in Photoshop, with the guides you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a transparant video clip and put it on the top track and add the Grid Effect

Set it to your liking and use this as a guide.

You can change/add lines on the spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol, 6 years later and this is still the solution. Super useful tip! Been struggling with this for months. Thank you for bringing me peace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also create custom Guides in Photoshop, and Import those PSD's for about the same use, as Ann's tip.

I will create those, especially for involved PiP situations, so that I can Scale & Position, to my "windows." This ARTICLE goes into a bit more detail.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have to interject and hope Adobe is listening. Basically; put rulers and guides in Premiere please. I know and it's brutally clear AE and Premiere are different apps. But here's the deal... I have some 6k Red footage going into a 1080p program and I love that I can scale and rotate so easily... now, if I could only get the horizon perfectly straight without making a trip to Photoshop or mucking up my project with redundant or extra layers.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I could only get the horizon perfectly straight

I use the zool level button to get the horizon straight.

Zoom in and use top or bottom of the program monitor as reference.

Same goes for vertical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All adobe products should have the option to create guides as in InDesign, deciding how many columns and rows one needs and applying that to the frame. Even in Photoshop or Illustrator you have to create all the guides manually! Also oblique lines are very useful sometimes and it should be easier to create them in every Adobe product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Safe Margins

File > Project Settings > General...

Title Safe Area :  67% horizontal  /  0% vertical

Action Safe Area : 0% horizontal  /  67% vertical

and you can create a shortcut "Program:SafeMargin"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another workaround could be drawing a narrow rectangle right in the program monitor. you can adjust accurate position and have 2 align features. and if you like it that much - create a motion graphic template use graphics->export motion graphic template to have it always in the essential graphics panel. of course don't forget to turn in off before you render...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rulers and Guides and Grids

...Oh My.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you know how to set up the EBU R95 safety grid, using " , " when typing custom numbers ? When I try to type 3,5 to the action safe, it jumps to 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The guides are great but what would be even better is that the guides will snap to the center of the image like they do in Photoshop. As a 360 photographer being able to fix the exact center of the image is very useful in making adjustments in the vr rotate sphere effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to their UserVoice system and make a search, there's probably something like this there. If so, upvote it.

If not, make a new request.

Either way, come back here and post a link to it so we can go upvote it. Adobe's upper managers live by metrics ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines