Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flex 4.6 on iOS :: Performance

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2012 Jan 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I'm using Flex 4.6 and I'm trying to read and test as much as possibe about performance on mobile devices.

It looks like creating mobile apps with Flex (even 4.6 which Adobe says to be up to 50% more faster, or almost native) scrolling and transitions are slow and not smooth.

I'm following all the "conventions" to improve performance, speed and make things run smoother but it seams that nothing reachs the native (or the "almost native" performance).

A few questions on improving performance:

>> To improve speed what is best to use? VGroups or HGroups to layout the components like buttons, labels, etc ... or declare an absolute position with X and Y properties?

>> To improve speed what is best to use? Groups, Vgroups and HGroups with relative sizes (width="100%") or fetch the screen's size and use it with the containers?

>> To improve speed what is best to do? Creating CustomItemRenders, and using the lightest component for that (LabelItemRender) Adobe says that we must avoid data binding, so Is better to ovveride the data, give id's to the ItemRender components and set myLabel.text = data.mylabel?

>> To improve speed, what is the best way to compile? For a productive application with lists, CustomItemRenders, view transitions and scrools, is it better to compile using GPU or CPU?

>> Do you think I should use ContentCash for a small chevron?

>> Each CustomItemRender as a small rectangle (10x30) with a fill that represents a status of the record. Should I create it using <s:Group /> <s:Rect /> <s:fill /> and <s:SolidColor /> or an FXG path? And should I CashAsBitmap it?

>> Ising external CSS file makes the app slower?

This is my quest on trying to acheive an almost native performance!!

Hope you can help me with this questions, or some of them.

LP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines