Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash .swc won't display

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a head-scratcher here.

We're updating an older Flex 3 project (3.6 SDK) and have (mostly) succussfully migrated the project to FB4.5 but we're sticking with the 3.6 SDK.

One particular element of this project is a masthead which we publish as a .swc from Flash 5.5 after using the "Convert Symbol to Flex Component" command. I've also written a simple class for this masthead component so we can get at some interal properties.

The .swc isn't visible at all. It's there, I've confirmed that using the debugger but it won't display. I've even tried pulling it into a bare-bones project file using both the old 3.6 SDK and the 4.5 SDK. Nothing.

Maybe I'm follow an old workflow for bringing Flash elements into Flash Builder?

I noticed there are two Flex Component kits, but I'm pretty sure Flash 5.5 already has the Flex Component kit built-in. Yes?

Toughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Finally figured out that my co-worker had changed the class and extended MovieClip rather than UIMovieClip. All is well again.  😃

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^bump^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You mentioned that this was a project you migrated over to FB 4.6,

correct? Chances are that even though you have the swc in your lib

folder, the project properties are pointing to a version of the swc in a

different location.

Choose Project > Properties > Flex Build Path >Library Path and then

click the swc that's having problems, click "Edit" on the right, and

confirm that it's pointing to the correct location.

iBrent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally figured out that my co-worker had changed the class and extended MovieClip rather than UIMovieClip. All is well again.  😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines