• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.problem running flash on galaxy tab2?

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of flash 10.3.186.7 on my galaxy tab2. Everytime i try to run  flash, it would prompt me to upgrade to the latest version. i have uninstall and reinstall again and again the same thing happens. What is the actual problem? Can someone help me? Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, I haven't seen this occur before.  Are you installing from the Android store?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Thks for the reply. The tab came with the earlier version of flash 10.3. So yes, the latest version was updated from android market. When I check from applications on my tab, it shows that I have the latest version of flash. So when I am on facebook from the browser, every time when I try to play or view flash games/video, it would prompt me to upgrade to the latest version of flash. Is this a bug? Or anyone using tab2 facing this problem?

Cheers.

Dani.tan

Danison Tan

Sent from my BlackBerryĀ® PlayBook ļ£«

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a) First, verify that Flash Player is installed and working on your system.

Check the Flash Player Version Detection page, here (the link is case-sensitive):  http://adobe.ly/wRILS 

b) If you see the box with version information, you have successfully installed Flash Player and will be able to view Flash content via the Android browser. 

c) If you see a ā€œGet Flash Playerā€ icon instead of the version information, confirm that both Browser Plug-Ins and JavaScript are enabled on your device:

Open the Browser

Hit the Menu Button

Confirm that Enable Javascript is checked

Choose Settings > Enable Plug-Ins and make sure that it's set to Always On

If the settings above did not match, this probably fixed the problem. 

Please visit the Flash Player Version Detection Page (http://adobe.ly/wRILS ) again.

If you see the version information now, you're done!  Congratulations.

d) If not, it sounds like the installation did not work correctly. 

First uninstall Flash Player by doing the following:

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player

Hit Uninstall (or Uninstall Updates) and follow the prompts

Restart your phone.  This will make sure that anything that might be keeping the Flash Player binary locked is no longer running.

Once the phone comes back up, open the Market and search for "Flash Player".  Follow the installation prompts.

Please repeat the steps to confirm that JavaScript and Plug-Ins are enabled, and then check the version detection page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

actually ur steps worked perfectly on the browser thank u, but on the facebook application it's still not working!!! any ideas?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a couple wild guesses, but I haven't seen this before.

Do you have any other browsers installed?  You might try uninstalling them to see if one of them is stepping in instead of the default browser when Facebook embeds web content.

If not, is the issue only happening on one video?  It might be that a particular encoding scheme doesn't jive well with the chipset in your device.

If you can find a couple public videos that exhibit the problem, I can try and reproduce it here to better understand what's happening.

If none of those things work, I might be able to glean some useful information from your system logs.  Send me a private message through the forum, and I'll get you instructions on how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines