• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install IPA using standard packing in Flash Builder 4.6 (Air 3.1)

Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a hello world application that does not use any external resources (it just draws a box to the screen) and I cannot get it to be installed to any of my iDevices (iPod touch 5G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, all run IOS 4 or above) using standard packing in Flash Builder 4.6 .

When I try to install the IPA file using the iPhone Configuration Utility it comes up with the error:

"Could not install application on device. Error: a signed resource has been added, modified or deleted."

If I use the fast packing option within Flash Builder then I do not get any errors and the application installs  works on all devices. The problem using this option is that I want to run some performance tests and obviously using fast packing option will not give me real world data.

I am using Windows 7 for my development - I do not own a Mac.

My certificates and provisions are fine as I have double checked them.

Therefore can others get standard packing to work in Flash Builder 4.6 (Air 3.1) on Windows 7? If so can anyone suggest fixes for my problem please?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Just found the answer to this by experimenting.

Its the iPhone Configuration Utility thats the problem. If i use iTunes then standard packing works. Not sure why the iPhone Configuration Utility has a problem with standard packing though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just found the answer to this by experimenting.

Its the iPhone Configuration Utility thats the problem. If i use iTunes then standard packing works. Not sure why the iPhone Configuration Utility has a problem with standard packing though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines