Am I right in thinking that trying to view your own Cp in ACCC will not be possible right now? I have tried uploading a zipped SCORM Cp to an LMS and it did not show up when I logged into http://als.adobe.com/ALSDashboard/main.html All I could see was Photoshop_Training.
It is very much possible to view your own CP file in ACCC.
Please note that you have to download the widget from the Adobe Labs and insert it in your project (Insert menu-> Widget) and then widget will ask you to register your course.
Once registered, your course will start appearing in the dashboard.
The sample course appear for those authors who are yet to register any courses with ACCC.
Please note that hosting/not hosting on LMS will NOT make any difference in ACCC functioning.
It would appear that as long as you register via the widget whilst you are logged into http://als.adobe.com/ALSDashboard/main.html then everything works fine. By doing it this way I was able to host the Cp on a web hosting service and as a SCORM enabled project on an LMS and the reports were generated back to http://als.adobe.com/ALSDashboard/main.html with no problems at all.
You have to register your CP project for it to appear in the Dashboard (http://als.adobe.com/ALSDashboard/main.html)
Here is how it should have worked out.
- In Adobe Captivate project, Insert the widget using menu Insert=>Widget=>select the widget SWF file that you have downloaded from Adobe Labs.
- It will ask you to enter your Adobe ID and password and login.
- Once you login, you will get to the next page. Here you will be asked to enter module name, module version etc.
- Once you enter the details you need to hit “Register” button (Make sure to hit “register” button not “OK” button at this point). You will get message stating success of registration.
- In the end you press “Ok” and go to edit area of Captivate.
- Now log in to http://als.adobe.com/ALSDashboard/main.html. You will be able to see your course.
Let me know if you still face problems.