• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshooting Flash Player

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 7 Platform. I use Mozilla and Internet Explorer 9, with both browsers I run into the same problem.

I try to download Flash Player 11 and I get this error message::

C:\Windows\system32\DSOUND.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.

Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

The download reaches 100% but doesnt work on either of the browsers due to the error message. So far I've uninstalled reinstalled browsers and Flash Player 11 numerous times direct link and indirect links. I've toggled the activex options for the Scripts but the error message still pops up.

This is a 32 & 64 bit Flashplayer.

I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can download Adobe Flash Player 11 from here :

32-bit Windows:

Flash Player for IE : http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_activ...

Flash Player for other browser : http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugi...

64-bit Windows

Flash Player for IE : http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_activ...

Flash Player for other browser : http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugi...

Make sure you save the file and run it.

Note : Your browser should be closed while installing Adobe Flash Player 11

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get the same error message

C:\Windows\system32\DSOUND.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.

Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSOUND.dll is a system file.

Click start, type cmd, right click cmd and run as administrator.

Type sfc /scannow and press enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Results from cmd:

Verification 100% Complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

Details are included in the CBS.log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

Now what ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest that you head over to Microsoft Answers, tell them that the System File Checker failed to repair some files.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system?tab=all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sfc results pretty much found my dsound.dll corrupted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case can you delete (or rename) dsound.dll and run the System File Checker again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines