• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can somone help me reinstall my Flash Player?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to a website that required the use of the Flash Player and got a message to go to Adobe to intall the latest version of Flash and get directed to the Adobe website. The reinstall doesn't happen.

According to my 'Add or Romove Program list I already have 11.1.102.55 version installed in my computer. Your website says I have 10.3.181.14. Every time I try to reinstall I get a close Internet windows message and the download stalls. What to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem, installing Flash Player 11.1.102.55 with Vista 64 bit and Internet Explorer 9 (both 32 bit and 64 bit). Try the instructions at this URL, it worked for me: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3863047#3863047

Hope it works for you, good luck!

Fid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When posting, please provide:

• Operating system version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • The Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I managed to uninstall my Flash Player but now have problems reinstalling the program. Carl Myers Jr. Asked some good questions about my computer that might be helpful.

When posting, please provide:

• Operating system version (including 32bit or 64bit edition)- Windows XP 32bit edition 
  • Web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition)- Internet Explorer 7 
  • The Flash Player version- I currently have no Flash Player at all because of reinstall problems.  
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important- Could I be having problems now because I am still using IE7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you mention "problems", but you are not saying what they are.

IE7 is not a problem; download the installer from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550 and save it to disk.  Then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files are in folder C:\Windiows\System32\Macromed\Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Searched for Flash files in C but there were none because I had already uninstalled the program. I did go ahead and saved the Player 11 download to my computer, closed all windows and it successfully installed.

Thanks to everyone for your helpful assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention Add and Remove Programs, so I assume that you have Windows XP or similar.

Can you please provide the list of files you have in folder C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines