• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat X Pro

Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just installed my cs5.5 master collection.

All runing fine so far except Adobe Acrobat X Pro.

When trying to launch it requires a serial, I fill the fields with my cs5.5 serial but it warns me it is incorrect.

I mention the same serial I used when installing the cs5.5 master collection.

Is there another serial for Adobe Acrobat X Pro ?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you opened any of your other Adobe software?  Adobe Acrobat should have become serialized when launching one of your other creative products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

Yes I opened them all.

All the other application of the suite are running fine, only Adobe Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Distiller keep asking for the serial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend removing Acrobat then and reinstalling.  Once reinstalled try launching Photoshop or one of the other creative apps before your first launch of Acrobat.  In case we need to perform additional steps which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try that.

I use 10.7.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

Here is the news from my AXP install.

1/ I uninstalled Acrobat X Pro with the uninstaller.

2/ Then I tried to install Acrobat X Pro, it failed and here is what I got

Exit Code: 6

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050:  - Acrobat Professional: Install failed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/ I restarted the mac and then the install was OK, well I thought so.

4/ I launched Photoshop 5.5, it runs fine.

5/ I launched Acrobat X Pro, fill in my serial and than again it tells me that this serial number is not valid for that product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see then our next step will be to remove Creative Suite 5.5?  Do you have any other Adobe software installed?  Depending on the application the following steps might affect those applications as well.  Please post back before proceeding if you do have any other paid Adobe applications currently installed.

Once Creative Suite 5.5 is removed then navigate to \Library\Application Data\Adobe and delete the following folders.

Adobe PCD

caps

This will remove the stored serial numbers on your computer, which is why we wanted to remove Creative Suite 5.5 first, once done then reinstall Creative Suite 5.5 making sure to launch one of the creative products first as previously discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

I reply to you via email because the online support is not available for the moment.

I did everything… and it's still the same problem.

The first time I launched Acrobat I saw the tools for about 1 second… but then it disappeared and the serial request dialog box poped up again.

What can I do now ?

Regards,

Nicolas De Vuyst

Le 11 janv. 2012 à 17:55, Jeff A Wright a écrit :

Re: Adobe Acrobat X Pro

created by Jeff A Wright in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

I see then our next step will be to remove Creative Suite 5.5? Do you have any other Adobe software installed? Depending on the application the following steps might affect those applications as well. Please post back before proceeding if you do have any other paid Adobe applications currently installed.

Once Creative Suite 5.5 is removed then navigate to \Library\Application Data\Adobe and delete the following folders.

Adobe PCD

caps

This will remove the stored serial numbers on your computer, which is why we wanted to remove Creative Suite 5.5 first, once done then reinstall Creative Suite 5.5 making sure to launch one of the creative products first as previously discussed.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NicholasDeVuyst if you are continuing to experience the same difficulty then you maybe facing a permission issue with your account.  I would recommend logging in as a root user and trying the suggested steps again while under the root user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

I've got the same problem :

- New Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection

- Fully installed

- The only applications asking for an other SN are Acrobat X Pro and Distiller

Any suggestions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tryed the last solution Jeff proposed me.

"NicholasDeVuyst if you are continuing to experience the same difficulty then you maybe facing a permission issue with your account. I would recommend logging in as a root user and trying the suggested steps again while under the root user account."

I'll let you know if it works as soon as I try it.

Le 13 févr. 2012 à 13:44, nudgeproductions a écrit :

Re: Adobe Acrobat X Pro

created by nudgeproductions in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

Hello Jeff,

I've got the same problem :

- New Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection

- Fully installed

- The only applications asking for an other SN are Acrobat X Pro and Distiller

Any suggestions ?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution found : Switching language is the solution ... poor solution

The issue comes from the language used by the OS.

Acrobat allows you to use it only if you have set up English as the preferred language in the OS.

Bad news.

Would like to have a sort of patch or a kind of nudge from Adobe to resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of solution (from : http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20110522014935224 )

It works (but not sure it is stable enough)

Starting foreign language Acrobat on English OS X 

Acrobat 10 doesn't accept serial numbers for international versions of Acrobat (or the CS suite) if the operating system is running in a different language than the purchased one. This hint discusses a few workarounds.

Acrobat comes with several language packages and runs by default with the language of the operating system. In this case however it doesn't accept serial numbers which are bound to a specific language. As it seems there are three work arounds (the first two are also mentioned by the Adobe support team):

The obvious one: Run OSX in the same language as Acrobat was purchased in. At least in my case not an option.

Use a program such as Language Switcher. http://www.tj-hd.co.uk/en-gb/languageswitcher/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

u were right, i just switched the language of the operating system (my  mac) to the same as the purchased one, and suddenly it works, no problems. WEIRD. good to know. thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines