• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5.5 - Change default highlight box settings before recording

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to change the color of the default highlight box added to recordings. I need to change this at the global settings level and not project and before recording starts. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Could you explain this 'at the global settings level and not project....'? What did you change? Normally you'll have to change the object style of the highlight box:

Highlight.jpg

If you do this without opening the first CP-file, the style will be applied to all your new projects while recording.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Could you explain this 'at the global settings level and not project....'? What did you change? Normally you'll have to change the object style of the highlight box:

Highlight.jpg

If you do this without opening the first CP-file, the style will be applied to all your new projects while recording.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri, this is perfect. When I said global, it's precisely what you mentioned - without opening the first CP-file. I didn't know you can set things globally in the Object Style Manager.

Thanks!

kc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am changing the object styles for my existing project, styles are reflected for the same project recordings. We can export the preferences and use it by importing into other projects.

My query is: How can I get the same object styles for my next projects, without changing the style values before recording. For example, when I create a software simulation, the caption style becomes HaloBlue, then I have to change it into Ivory style on each slides.

I want that the default caption style for my project should be Ivory. Please suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

5.5 has a Default Capture Caption Style in the Text Caption Styles, set it to Ivory before opening a project and it will be used for future projects

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also export your Object Styles either individually, as part of a style group, or all styles at once.

Then you can import those Object Styles into another project and set the option to overwrite styles with the same name.

I prefer to have a set of custom styles with unique names and use those in my templates rather than the default object styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Lilybiri and RodWard, I can configure the default caption setting for my future projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources