Which operating system are you using?
If on Windows, follow the following steps to close Bridge:
1. Navigate to the task manager.
2. Click on the "Processes" tab and then click on "Show processes from all users".
3. Look for bridge.exe in the list of processes. Select it and click on end process.
If you are using a Mac,
1. Navigate to the Activity Monitor.
2. Select "All Processes" in the drop down on the top of the dialog.
3. Look for bridge in the list. Select it and click on Quit Process.
Reinstall the application.
The download time is entirely dependent on your Internet connection speed.
Hope this helps
This is my fourth try to download illustrator. I ended the Bridge CS5
as you told me. Went I went to open illustrator just now all I have
are the files. There is no desktop as in photoshop. What in the
world is going on? Can you help asap? Thanks! My number is
407-729-5295. Maybe you could talk me through this on the phone?