Which operating system are you using?
If on Windows, follow the following steps to close Bridge:
1. Navigate to the task manager.
2. Click on the "Processes" tab and then click on "Show processes from all users".
3. Look for bridge.exe in the list of processes. Select it and click on end process.
If you are using a Mac,
1. Navigate to the Activity Monitor.
2. Select "All Processes" in the drop down on the top of the dialog.
3. Look for bridge in the list. Select it and click on Quit Process.
Reinstall the application.
The download time is entirely dependent on your Internet connection speed.
Hope this helps
Thanks everyone. Also when I click on Bridge exe to end the process
I get a warning pop up telling me it could cause damage. Should I
just ignore that? And will this cause me to have problems with
photoshop? (I bought and installed photoshop-it's not a trial) I'm
working with windows xp.
1 person found this helpful
The warning message is shown by the operating system to ensure that you don't end any critical system processes.
Closing bridge.exe will not cause any issues with Photoshop or any other applications.
Okay! Thank you so much!
This is my fourth try to download illustrator. I ended the Bridge CS5
as you told me. Went I went to open illustrator just now all I have
are the files. There is no desktop as in photoshop. What in the
world is going on? Can you help asap? Thanks! My number is
407-729-5295. Maybe you could talk me through this on the phone?
This issue has now been resolved.
Please feel free to reply to this thread if you have further concerns.