• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to change Digital Editions folder location

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2008 Jul 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way at all to change the location of the Digital Editions folder out of my Documents folder? I am using OS X 10.4, I tried moving it, but then when I open the Digital Editions app it doesn't show my library.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2008 Jul 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE expects for there to be a Digital Editions folder in your Documents directory. If one doesn't exist it will be created it for you. We didn't put in any flexibility or preferences for this (or just about anything else), however if you don't mind using the terminal you can create a symbolic link using the "ln" command (with -s option). For example assuming you copied your Digital Editions folder to the root folder on your hard drive and renamed it to myLibrary the command would look like:

ln -s /myLibrary ~/Documents/Digital\ Editions

Good Luck
--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How can you make this work on windows? The "mklink" program, which accomplishes much the same thing as "ln" does not seems to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines