Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outline around selected TOC items

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp | RH9

I've just installed IE9 and when I launch my published WebHelp and select a link in the table of contents, it displays a dotted outline around the selected item. This never happened with IE8, so I was wondering if there's anyway to prevent it? Is it possible to add "outline:none" somewhere in the RoboHelp output (like you would when styling a link in CSS) so that it doesn't appear?

Many thanks

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately, IE proved a harder nut to crack than I imagined. The problem is that IE9 does support the outline css, but the TOC runs in quircks mode so no IE9 goodness there... There is a solution, it's just not as straightforward as I thought. See http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/modifying_webhelp/remove_outline_in_toc for a step by step guide to get rid of the outline.

Note: If you'll allow me, I'd like to use your example image on my site. It looks way better than the example i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can in whtdhtml.htm. Add the following HTML to the head section:

<style type="text/css">

* { outline: transparent none !important; }

</style>

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam, I've tried your sugegstion but there's no difference unfortunately. See below:

TOC.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately, IE proved a harder nut to crack than I imagined. The problem is that IE9 does support the outline css, but the TOC runs in quircks mode so no IE9 goodness there... There is a solution, it's just not as straightforward as I thought. See http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/modifying_webhelp/remove_outline_in_toc for a step by step guide to get rid of the outline.

Note: If you'll allow me, I'd like to use your example image on my site. It looks way better than the example image I added

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Willam, that worked a treat!

Noticed in your page http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/modifying_webhelp/remove_outline_in_toc the hidefodus=\"true\" bit should read hidefocus=\"true\".

Yes, no problem, of course you can use my example image on your site.

Cheers

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for pointing out the typo and letting me use your image.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp