Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP PLEASE Flash Player 11 Install problem - Crashes -

Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone out there every seen this before or is it just me???

No matter how many times I try and install this on Vista 32 bit - I get this error.  I have tried the adobe uninstaller and reinstall, no luck

I cannot access the settings manager via control panel - it wont even let me open the file - just crashes.  Strangely enough I get the same crash message when I try and delete the cookies in my Internet Browser - Flash Player crashes again same Rundd32 error

My Browser:  IE8

I am no whizz kid wehn it comes to computers but can usually get my head round most things but this one makes me scratch my head until I have bald patch

The errors appear to be the following

Faulting application Flashplayer 11 etc etc ocx

Rund Dll 32 error

I do not know what other information may be needed but please feel to ask, I will answer to the best of my ability in order to resolve my issue

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Yes, after uninstalling I'd recommend deleting the following folders:

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
  • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
  • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

for the folders that start with %appdata%, just copy and paste the entire line into your Windows explorer path bar and it'll take you right there.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It sounds like you have some system corruption going on.  First thing I'd do is run a virus scan and malware scan (I recommend malwaybytes, they have a free version).  Once done, I'd then run the SFC tool in windows to restore missing or corrupted files.  Here's details on how this works:

How to use the system file checker tool...

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

I ran the scan as you suggested and all was 100% verified.  I also ran the Malwarebytes you recommended and think this is a brilliant piece of kit, Thank you so much.

I still havent resolved my problem but someone may be able to help me with this:

I uninstall the flashplayer via adobes uninstaller as recommended before reinstalling but have noticed it still leaves a lot of files behind:

Mainly txt files and PF files - can I safely delete these to ensure a complete clean reinstall.  They are not files or folders.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, after uninstalling I'd recommend deleting the following folders:

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
  • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
  • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

for the folders that start with %appdata%, just copy and paste the entire line into your Windows explorer path bar and it'll take you right there.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - will keep you posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris just to say a big thank you to you for all your help and advice with this issue.  As you know it has been puzzling me since last May.  I have read all and completed all recommendations and the problem has been resolved.

I truly appreciate the help I was given 

The Vista laptop is now running like a new one.

I sincerely thank you .............  my headache has gone now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chris

I ran a full MCAfee scan a couple of days ago and that was clean.  Is malwaybytes better or about the same?

I am currently running the scan and will post back.

Your help is very much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines