Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Style Import Issue?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Captivate 5.5  module where all the captions, highlight boxes, click boxes, and so forth are just they way I want them.  I use that project to create a training simulation, but the styles are not inherited from the original module.  So, I export the styles from the original project, record a new training simulation, and import the styles.  However, the newly recorded project does not take on the characteristics of the imported style file.

Any ideas you can lend would be great.

Thanks,

Henry

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but you have to import the Styles before recording a new simulation if you want the Capture Captions taking on the new style.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am importing the styles after the recording.  So, when I record, I get text captions in Halo blue, or yellow, or..., instead of Ivory.  The Ivory (and other object formatting) is consistent in an existing project, so I export the styles from the existing project, and import them into the newly recorded one.  After doing the import, the styles are not reformatted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's my understanding you need to import that style file before starting the recording.  There are a couple ways around it after the fact, but not necessarily the cleanest result.

If you saved the ivory styles as the default names, when you import the style file, Cp will prompt if you want to apply the imported styles to the existing objects.

If you named the styles, when you import the ivory style, you can select an appropriate object (a caption with the 'default caption style' let's say), change it to the ivory style, then click the little arrow below the style drop down.  This will let you apply that ivory style to every object of the object style you choose.

That used the word 'object' and 'style' a lot.  I hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources