Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 webhelp: No topics found on search

Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generated files from earlier versions of my project deliver search topics. Generated files from a recent version does not.

How do I fix the problem at the source project level?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For test purposes, I created a new project.  Search worked fine in Webhelp generated from that project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's what I did. 

1. Create a new blank project.

2. In Project Manager, add New> Folders to the Project Files folder, being careful to copy the folder names from my most recent project.

3. Imported topics into each folder from my most recent project.

4. Imported the Table of Contents from my most recent project (New Table of Contents, Copy existing Table of Contents).

5. Imported the project skin on the Project Set-up Tab from my most recent project.

So far so good.  I risk breaking links and can no longer see the creation date on my topics, but at least I have an operable search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp