Expand my Community achievements bar.

XSLT file with process_data values

Level 8
Level 8

Hi there,

I have a process that takes in an XML file and some XSLT in another document variable and some process_data values from the main process.

Inside this process I would like to invoke the XSLT on the XML and use the process_data values inside the XSLT. This works fantastic if I use the "template" setting for the XSLT and add some XSLT code like: <xsl:apply-templates select="{$/process_data/variableA$}.

but if I copy the template and paste it in a xsl-file and tries to give this as input to the process I just get an "javax.xml.TransformerException: A location path was expected, but the following token was encountered: {".

I know what the exception means, but how do I avoid this, so I can just create my XSLT (with the references to process_data) and make it work with the XSLT file as an input?

I hope that someone has a take on this issue - as it is actually a general question on all services that can use a template...

Thanks in advance

Kim Christensen

Dafolo A/S

Denmark

1 Reply

Level 10

That cannot be done because, your external XSLT file will not be resolved againts the XPATH expressions mentioned within it.

Alternatively you can update the XPATH content using SetValue activity.

Templates values are always resolved.

Nith