Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 9 not working with Word 2010 on Windows 7

Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Robohelp 9 on my Windows 7 machine that has MS Office 2010 already installed on it.

I have installed the Robohelp 9.0.2 update. I start Robohelp 9 for Word and create a new Winhelp 4 project.

I give it a name and click Finish. I get an error message that says "Robohelp can not open docx files in the current word version"

I click OK and it launches the template in word and gives me a macro error that saya "Compile error in hidden module AutoOpen. This error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with the version, platform, architecture of this application"

When I close the Word document, I get an error about hidden module AutoClose. It's like there is something wrong with the template.

NOTE: I previously had Robohelp 8 installed, but uninstalled and made sure that every occurence of robohelp.dot was gone.

Shouldn't Robohelp 9 be creating a .dotx for Office 2010?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help,

George

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in Tools > Options to see which version of Word is set there.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Grainge wrote:

Look in Tools > Options to see which version of Word is set there.

@petergrainge

I looked where you said and no Word version is selected.  See below, the dropdown doesn't have any choices in it.

RoboHelpWordError3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the install has not worked, based on your first post and that dropdown being empty. My inclination would be to uninstall and then try again.

Is your Normal.dot Word template on your hard drive? If your IT have it on a network drive that might cause problems.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled, cleaned out all files witth the name robohelp and reinstalled. I still have the same problem.

The file is called Normal.dotm and the file path is C:\Users\gheller\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

Under security settings, I have full control of the file and folder so it's not a permissions issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a .DOT file as well as the .DOTM. If you do not have a .DOT file I wonder if that is why RoboHelp is not picking up the Word installation.

I believe Jeff Coatsworth has pointed out in other posts that you can get free support for installation issues from Adobe Tech Support.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please point me to the post that Jeff made or give me contact info for the free support?

Thanks in advance,

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where you phone will depend on what country you are in.

Start here. http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the US. I called Adobe tech support and they are working the issue. I'll keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2012 Feb 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

I note the line in your original post :-

"NOTE: I previously had Robohelp 8 installed, but uninstalled and made sure that every occurence of robohelp.dot was gone."

I think that is your problem.  You have deleted the Robohelp.DOT from the templates directory.  Although you are using Office 2010 or 2007  Robohelp still insists on using an Office 2003 or earlier format template in *.DOT format.  You need to have a Robohelp.dOT template for the program to work.  May I syggest a re-install, leave the robohelp.DOT in place as it is instaled and see what happens ?

I posted an issue  A couple of weeks ago questioning why Robohelp does not use DOTX or DOTM format templates as per Office 2010 and Peter Grainge has asked adobe on my behalf... yet to see a reply.

My issue related to potemntial incosistency in bult output (Corruption) and question whether that was caused bt the different formats of the template ie:- a 2003 format templat in documents saved in 2010 or 2007 format. As others have stated in the past word starts up in 'Compatribility' mode when using the *.DOT format template that I have found may be linked to some output and build issues ?

Good luck. 

Bryan Holman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bryan

If I didn't already suggest it, I think you should report all your woes to Adobe by way of a bug report.

Better still, join us all over on RoboHelp HTML.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I have no objection to RoboHelp for HTML. Our existing help files are in .rtf format. They could probably be converted to HTML. The help files need to work in a Windows client .NET application. Can Robohelp for HTML do that?

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that WebHelp should work just fine in that environment. Can someone confirm?

George: Prompt me if no one responds and you cannot find anything in RoboHelp's own help. I'll see what I can find out.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to create a Web Help project and got the same errors.

Peter, the Adobe helpdesk did offer to remote into my machine and

Solve the problem. I checked with our helpdesk and they said it would only be

OK if the Adobe representative is someone who works with

USPTO (US Patent & Trademark Office). If Adobe has such a person, they

Could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you saying that your help desk is stipulating that the Adobe person must have some specific certification? If so, good luck with that one. Do your helpdesk not know of Adobe? Their name alone should be sufficient.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp