• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 - I cannot create any links in RH9

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recreated my help system twice... creating new folders and new topics. Everytime I try to create a link to another topic in RH9 it wont show the link or display the topic in the hyperlink box....? I am at my wits end and have a system to deliver in a week... when working in previous versions of RH I could just drag and drop... now all of my links are gone and I have lost that functionality for some reason... Can anyone help...? I had to "jerry-rig" another system by just using the drop-down html effect to include a sub topic... but this system is way too big for that... and the user is not use to that functionality for this system...

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

First, you need to identify if it's RoboHelp generically or just this project.

Have you tried creating a simple two or three topic project and creating (or trying to create) links in that? If it works, you know it's not RoboHelp, it's your project you need to troubleshoot.

How large is the project? Where is it stored? Your hard drive or on the LAN?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shonna,

RoboHelp Forum Welcomes you!

Rick has made valid point there.

In addition to it, if it happening to a specific project with External File/Topic, try checked --

Tools -- Resolve Broken links.

Can you please tell me have are you trying to create Bookmarks between several topics or just hyperlinking a topic to another?

Another thing, the Topic that you are hyperlinking to is it part for same project or different one? Can you locate both topic in Resource manager and see, if tehre is any Red X  next to them?

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My answers are in black… This all happened when I upgraded from RH8 to RH9… I have uninstalled 3 times now and reinstalled… it is not working…

In addition to it, if it happening to a specific project with External File/Topic, try checked --

Tools -- Resolve Broken links. … I have tried this and the Resolve Broken links won’t let me select it; it is deactivated

Can you please tell me have are you trying to create Bookmarks between several topics or just hyperlinking a topic to another? … I have not tried creating just bookmarks… I will try and let you know…

Another thing, the Topic that you are hyperlinking to is it part for same project or different one? Can you locate both topic in Resource manager and see, if there is any Red X next to them? … I have imported them to be part of the project and still I can’t link…

Shonna M. Luten

Project Manager

Northrop Grumman Contractor

OID/NCHHSTP/DTBE

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

University Park Center | Harvard Building | 2nd Floor | B77I

(678) 530-8816 (work)

(404) 563-2056 (cell)

SWL3@CDC.GOV<mailto:SWL3@CDC.GOV>

SWL3 – (Microsoft Lync) – Feel free to send me a message!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Shonna

When you insert hyperlink, select All folders under Select destination (file or URL). When you choose All folders then observe that are you getting list of topics or not

Below is the screenshot attached

1.JPG

Hope it helps

Thanks

Vj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp