• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed with Footers in RoboHelp 9

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently creating a project in RoboHelp 9.  All of my topic pages were imported from a FrameMaker book.  There was no master page imported and I need to create the same footer on each topic page.

From what I understand, you create the footer within the Master Page and then apply the master page to your topic pages.  However, when I attempted to do this, the footer looked fine, but the body of my page changed.  All the formatting was erased (such as bolding, font styles, spacing, etc.).  It basically looks like plain text now.  Did applying the master page after my topic pages were created affect all of the body within each page?  Is there a way to insert the same footer within each topic page without having to insert a footer one topic page at a time?  I have over 100 topic pages in this project and that would be very time consuming.

Thanks for any help provided.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably should be in the FrameMaker Integration forum, anyway, what about creating a FM template that includes all the good stuff that you're using in FM + your applied footer? Then when you produce your help, you tell it to use the FM template as its guide for formatting. Matt Sullivan often recommends doing this - see his blog for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Jeff.

That is all well and good, but I have already imported my FrameMaker book into RoboHelp, made edits to each topic page, inserted links, etc.

You mean there is no way to just add a simple footer (the same footer on each page) to each topic page without it affecting the rest of the page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

Odds are you had a CSS file associated with the Master Page. Try associating the CSS your Frame created and see if things improve.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick...that was the issue and I was able to resolve this by applying the correct css.  I like when the solutions are easy ones

As a follow-up, is there any easy way to apply the updated master page in all my topics within the topic list.  In other words, is there a 'one-click' method to "select all" topics and then apply the updated master page?

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Well, it's not a single click, but it's not too bad either.

Click to focus the Topic List pod. Press Ctrl+A to select all, right-click and choose Properties. Then from there you can ensure the General tab is in front and choose the desired Master Page.

Hope that helps a bit... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I see import & think - well, just toss it all out & suck it in again ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp